Got our tags!!!!

Discussion in 'Hunting Lounge' started by Coues84, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Well our tags arrived in the mail the other day while I was at work. The wife told me about them arriving. And a little story to go along with it.

My #2 daughter, was handed the envelopes with her tags in them. She apparently took them without much fanfare. To the point where the wife had to keep her attention and tell her to open the envelopes. Those of you with kids know how short their attention span can be. The envelopes were finally opened, and she stood there for a few minutes again without much care for what was in her hands. Apparently she unfolded them with the sticky side tword her initially. The wife said she looked at them for a couple of minutes trying to figure out what they were. Eventually she turned them over and according the my wife. Her eyes lit up after a few seconds as she finally realised that she had her first AZ. big game tags in her hot little hands.
    She was jumping around and screaming running all over the house for about an hour after that. Took the wife about 2 hours to get them away from her to put them up.
    I got home from work the next morning and did not think anything about it. But as soon as the kids got home from school. I got bombarded. She was on my wife for several minutes to get her tags so she could show me. Which in turn led to another round of jumping around and screaming.
    Was about the most incredible moment I have been involved with in the last several years. I told her to find a pin so she could sign them so they can be official. Was about the best I have ever seen her handwriting look. And for the first time ever she actually signed it instead of printing.
    Now all I have to do is get her into a hunters safety class, and get her to shooting. The shooting part will start here in the next couple of weeks. She will be using my .223, as will my oldest.
    For all the not fun things that accompany being a parent. There are always those moments that bring a tear to the eye. This was one of them that I will remember for the rest of my life. I cant wait for the 2 youngest to hit 10. Hopefully both the girls will have the opportunity to take a javalina this year. Whether they have what it takes to pull the trigger or not will be their decision. With any luck I have started them along the road of being hunters. LOL I cant wait.

Shane

2. Very cool man! Sounds like she's pumped!

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Yup, that's whats nice about having young ones.

4. Cochise

Cochise Guest

Shane,

That's a nice story. When out to the ranch. Keep an eye out across the the road from those signal towers. :wink: Talk to you later.

Mike