Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd grab the wife (son is visiting relatives) and head to Ashurst early tomorrow morning and try for whatever may be biting. I read on AZGFD that someone just caught a 31 lb pike the other day on 4lb test. Wow!
Hopefully it will be a little cooler and it'll just be nice to get out of the valley.
I left my camera at work :frusty: though...

DutchmanAZ

·
951 Posts
Bob is at the archery shoot at sunrise ski park he has a booth ashurst is a good name for rear hurts used to fish there alot

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not good...didn't even make it out. I couldn't fall asleep for some reason until way after midnight (hit the sack at around 9:00), and must have turned off the alarm clock when it went off (set for 3:30 a.m.) :roll:
Debating about trying it on the 4th. I wouldn't think a whole lot of people would be up there on a Wednesday. Whaddya think? Think it would be worth it? Can't decide whether to drive the extra to Ashurst or go to Black Canyon which is quite a bit closer.

·
951 Posts
You couldn't get me on a public place which people swarm to

We are going to BBQ here and watch fire works from all around can see Eloy AZ city casagrande coolidge chandler and florence

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think anywhere up there would be less crowded on Wednesday than on any given summer weekent.
Thoughts anyone?

G

·
We went up there few years back on the 4th ( Black Canyon), But I think it was a weekend. Wall to wall people. I would think less crowded on Wednesday.

·
951 Posts
Only problem the 4th is a holiday for many

1 - 9 of 9 Posts