Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out in a couple of days to do some preliminary scouting and my GPS is missing...searched for a week and cannot find it. My AZ Onyx map is in it which shows me property lines and things i need to stay legal and not trespass w/o permission. Is there a very detailed phone app or something I can replace it with immediately?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
OnX Maps.
If you have that program you can bring it up on your phone, desktop, laptop you name it. The OnX app can be downloaded to your phone then sign in to your account. Everything you have saved previously will be there.

Reactions: 5footshotgroup

·
Registered
551 Posts
Remember in AZ you can go onto any property that is not posted. Always best to ask permission but not required. If asked to leave, you need to leave.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The app is working, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
One more thing. Download the off-line maps that you need. Should you get out of phone tower range the GPS on your phone will still work on the downloaded maps.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Bruce where are you located? If you would like to borrow mine i can loan it to you. I also have the onyx chip in my gps.
i have only used it once I usually download the offline maps to my phone a d put it in airplane mode to conserve battery

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Some reply came up in my brain, but it was BS so I said no, not totay. Bruce, Today is your lucky day Brother !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts