Hey Chief!

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by AzSlim, Dec 13, 2006.

1. I will be down in Douglas on the 19th for a few days, my daughter is getting married on the 20th. You going to have any free time? If so thought we may hook up and go after varmints or quail on friday. My wife & daughters have shopping plans that day and I would rather go putter around in the desert.

2. Chief

Chief Guest

Friday is our 46th wedding anniversary and the kids have something planned, don't know what they just said we should keep Friday open. What does the first part of week look like for ya?

3. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Congrat's Chief. Wow... 46 years with the same doe. That's awesome!

Slim... it sounds to me like you're going shopping.

4. We are driving down wed after the youngest gets out of school and heading home sat. Maybe next time I get down there we can hook up. Congrats on your 46th, we are 25 years behind you.

I guarantee I ain't going shopping........have maps will travel.........:D

5. Chief

Chief Guest

One of the great mysteries of life is trying to figure out women :roll: Just mentioned to her that I passed up a chance to go hunting on the 22nd and she said "Why, I'll just call the kids and tell them that we already had something planned and we'll all go out for dinner when you get back," she also went on to say "By the way your buying for everyone." There are 12 of us, counting kids and grandkids, I could probably go on a guided elk hunt for what this is going to cost. Slim all we need to do is work out the logistics. If'n you don't fancy bring a rifle down and stashing it in a motel I have one you can use. We'll also have to have a meeting place, or if need be I can drive down to Douglas and pick you up. We'll be hunting around the Tombstone area.

6. Sounds good to me. I have your phone number saved in my PM so I will call you on sunday and we can work out the logistics. I planned on bringing my .220 swift if we went after varmints, but what have you got that I can borrow? May want to try a different flavor gun......:D

7. Chief

Chief Guest

Sako Vxen .223
    Savage 10P 22-250
    Ruger 1 25.06
    Win Model 70 FW 270WSM
    Anshutz Mdl 1518 22Mag
    Savage 10P .308
    Win Model 70 FW .308
    Rem 700BDL .243

Need I list more???

8. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Hey Chief, if'n you get the notion to send that Winchester FW .270 WSM to me for Christmas... I'll take it! :roll:

9. Chief

Chief Guest

I promised that rifle to my 5 year old grandson, now everytime he comes over I have to open the safe and show him that I still have it. When he calls the first thing he asks is "Grandpa do you still have my rifle?" If'n I hadn't promised it to him I would have it UPS Overnight delivery right to your door.