Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What's in the smoker today, or on the grill? What's bubblin' away in the stew pot or bakin' in the dutch oven or casserole? Or what did you have last night?

Of course, pics are always appreciated!

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ooooo, looks tasty!

I have some pork loin in the sous vide, 140 degrees for 2 hours. I don't think you can get a more tender AND juicy pork loin than this. It comes out a little pink in the center, but it is perfectly safe because the pork is brought to an exact temperature (and no more) all the way through. A cooking photo is below, and I'll try to remember to get a photo of the finished product, and update this post with it.

The finished meal, pork loin sliced thin across the grain and drizzled with a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, and tobasco, and served with sliced cucumbers in a dressing of sour cream, mayonnaise, rice vinegar, salt and pepper.

A nice lean, light meal, which was good because I topped it off with a bowl of Breyer's chocolate ice cream.

This may not interest some guys since it wasn't cooked with fire. :)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I've never tried a sous vide due to the intimidation factor, but looks great! here are some fire breathing Adobo pork steaks, man with a green spinach salad they were excellent.....grandkids approved also!!!
20200816_1716551.jpg

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
been smoky turkey and roast beef for sandwiches, yesterday smoked up a bunch of jalapeno's, some for salsa and some to hang and dry, will grind up for chili powder when they are ready. Been doing mac n cheese, pretty tasty. I have a Little Chief that my Dad got me for Christmas in 75, it's done a lot of meat over the years. Doesn't get hot enough to cook it but sure adds a lot of flaver.

·
Administrator
6,610 Posts
Got beef stew in the crockpot for supper tonight. I’m going to make some cornbread too. Cottage cheese and pineapple for a side salad. I’d post a picture of my crockpot stew but it too closely resembles something else in a pot. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I did classic Schnitzel last night, thin boneless pork chops, pounded out, egg wash with Frank's in it, seasoned flour, egg again the Panko and into the big black skillet. Turned out great with some pepper gravy for the kids, just squeezed lemon for me and wife! will make a Schnitzel sammy after i get back from fishing, leaving as soon as i finish this coffee!

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Grilled wings last night. Sauce: okb hot bbq sauce, honey, lime juice. Grilled to a good char, topped with lime zest. Usually pre seasoned with Cajun seasoning.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
What the WIFE wants, WIFE Gets !!:D Give us a Finished brisket pic when Done.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
got the old pellet tube in there eh? I use mine when i cold smoke. does great mac n cheese! doing carne asada tacos tonite, will post pics!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I like a heavy smoke and this smoker just doesnt do as much as I like. That pellet tube helps but I'm not too impressed with it either. How long does mac and cheese take?? We are making some today but it's on the stove. Maybe I'll switch to the smoker.

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Crab poppers sound good, never tried that, how do you keep crab together?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
yep, i put the salmon in the cream cheese, it was shredded so it mixes in good, then you just gently fold in the crab. i use rubber gloves and stuff the peppers by hand so that the chunky crab stays chunky. wrap in thick smoked bacon, and i did these in the broiler not on the grill so none of the cheese fell out. I did country pork ribs yesterday, 10 hours on the smoker! they are saved for tonites dinner with some gnocchi and a good salad! Pics of that later!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts