Arizona Hunting Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Grilled up the last of the the backstrap I had from my first deer. Did a marinade, carrots and a lite arugula salad.

backstrap marinade: 2 cloves garlic, sea salt, pepper, couple sprigs of thyme, 1 lemon juiced, 1/4 cup olive oil. Combine garlic, salt and pepper, mash it up to get the oils out and break up the garlic. Then add lemon juice, thyme, and whisk in olive oil. Whisk until it's all mixed together. Thrown in fridge for an hour or so.

carrots: olive oil, honey, salt and pepper, thyme. Grill on foil until they start to get tender. Then straight to the grill for some good charring. Place on top rack while meat cooks.

While carrots cook bring meat to room temp. Get grill hot hot, throw on 3 mins rotate half way if you fancy it. Another 3 mins on the other side. Pull off and let rest.

salad: easy peasy, arugula, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss together.

Plate and enjoy! It was really good!

Marinade was found on wild and whole/meat eater. https://www.wildandwhole.com/garlic-herb-marinated-backstrap/

1321FA8F-BA8D-48AF-AE85-D725FFAB3BDB.jpeg

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
different take on poppers.......Green chili pepper, deseeded/veined, stuffed with a cheddar wurst sausage, slice of pepper jack cheese, bacon wrapped around the stuffed pepper, grill................turned out great!!!!!
20201101_135535.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
De-seeded, Thats where the flavor is!!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
To soothe my sorrow of low stocks of deer meat in the freezer I pulled some elk tenderloin steaks and a couple elk london broils out.

Am out of my truffle oil so they are marinating in hawaiian black sea salt, black pepper and tuscan herb olive oil. Gonna match with some garlic herb and garden herb small red potatoes I think.

20201106_102432.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
So, its time to get off work, My guys usually cant wait to get out of the work yard, specially on Friday, My lead guy hung around for a bit, So I know something up, so we chit chat for a bit, hes still hanging around, so I finally ask, Whats up?" he says his mom was making UM, chili this weekend, so I say OK, enjoy, still hanging around, I figure it out now, I said OH, Wait a sec, went to freezer and pulled out 3 lbs of ground elk, take it out to him, said tell you mom to use this, Big Smile, he says How Did You Know, I said, DUH, DONT take a rocket scientists to figure that one out. he says Ill bring you a bowl, I said yes, make it a BIG one, thats why you got 3 lbs instead of 2. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Bird is thawed. Just injected with melted black truffle butter, rubbed down with more melted black truffle butter, seasoned with black truffle olive oil, black pepper, black truffle salt and an italian style herb seasoning and back in the fridge to wait until im coherent after surgery tomorrow. Then into the smoker it will go.

Smoked black truffle turkey! And hopefully a better back for Thanksgiving then off monday to elk camp.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
made these little meat packets the other day. boneless/skinless chicken thighs, marinated in italian salad dressing, seasoned with hot sweet rub, rolled and tied, seasoned again, put on smoker for 4 hours then on the grill with a Hoisin sauce bbq mix! delicious!!!
20201122_173156.jpg
20201122_175355.jpg
20201122_183639.jpg

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Roadkill--those look great...care to share the direction? ;-)
Going to begin doing more on my grill very soon....

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
marinate, rub, roll, tie, smoke 4 hours at 250, put on grill, glaze, EAT!

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Is there a stuffing before you rolled and tied, Looks like it?"

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
no stuffing but that is a good idea for next time. the reason you tie them up into bundles is that if you laid them flat in the smoker they would cook way too fast and prolly dry out. roll them up and the juice stays inside while the smoke hits it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Smoked Turkey, Regular Roasted Turkey, dressing, German Chocolate cake and all the sides I just don't find interesting enough to mention ... and all for 4 adults and 2 little kids. Going to be lots of leftovers.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts