Arizona Hunting Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Leftovers are the best, But, Wife just gave me a slice of Pumpkin bread warmed up with Butter, It was Dang good. Anything with Butter on it Is Dang Good, :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
We threw bacon wrapped Elk tenderloin on the grill today. Did both of them up but the wife and I could not even finish one of them. Each went about 1.25lb and were delicious. Looks like steak and eggs for breakfast tomorrow and maybe a philly cheese steak sandwich for lunch. If the back strap steaks are as good. Hummmmmy, must have at least 15lb of those.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
One week from today I am making my famous “squirrel stew”. I will add the squirrels and some turkey I shot this fall but do not have enough meat. If someone wants to donate ground dee or elk, or maybe some lesser cuts that I can chunk up, I’ll take care if you. I’m planning on serving this at Rabbit Camp. I can always add some beef if nothing else works out. (You know I live food and especially handouts) RickyG thinks I take advantage of him.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I cant come that way, getting ready to leave monday and trying to take it easy from surgery wed but if you want to come this way i can give you a pack of elk burger or steak

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Thanks RickyG but can’t make it by Monday.
1-1 1/2 pounds will do it but beef will work fine.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
made apple beer ribs, boneless pork ribs in crockpot with couple apple beers poured in along with peeled and sliced granny smith apples, then take out, paint with bbq sauce and glaze in oven for 10 to 15 minutes

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good afternoon to all-
Started this morning as soon as it was light enough to see...
Made a good slow fire in the Big green Egg and put on some apple chucks for smoke. Put my beer roast in a skillet on and slow-smoked until about noon.
So we'll have sliced smoked beef for supper, and some sweet-taters-yams that we grew this fall- pretty good stuff.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

·
Registered
739 Posts
96AE701E-52B2-410D-AD8F-92B99B0C1FEE.jpeg
Trying out cherry chips in the smoker. The pork tenderloin was delicious, the diced pork will be used in a soup in place of ham hocks, for some reason supermarkets are experiencing a ham hock shortage. Trout were flaked, bagged, and frozen for breakfasts and spreads.

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Man, I Luv ham hocks in soup. My wife made a Potato, Bacon, Ham Hock soup for Christmas Eve in a white cream, LOL... My daughter in law and one of the grand daughters made a pig of themselves, ate it all, a big pot of it. The rest of us got one bowl of it. My step son was so embarrassed by them doing that, I had to laugh, better him then me. I was isolating so I dont catch Covid before surgery this week, so no pic, I was eating in the bedroom.

·
Registered
739 Posts
@bearfoot1 that sounds pretty close to what I make every winter. "Nordic Potato & Ham" soup in the crockpot from an old Sunset cookbook. Today I'm making enchilada casserole in the crockpot, tomorrow I'll make the soup.

Stay safe sir, glad to hear you're quarantining before the upcoming surgery.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Garlic-Lime Butter Elk

These would be awesome on the grill, but I decided to cook them in a skillet.

INGREDIENTS
Elk
2-4 8oz Elk Steaks, 1 inch thick
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp light chile powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp olive oil

Butter
4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp lime zest