Arizona Hunting Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Did some pulled pork for Sunday. Brined Friday evening until Sunday at 2 am. Did two, one with a sweet rub and one with a hot rub. On the smoker at 330am. Basted every hour for the first 5 hours. First one finished at 1pm. Second one came off at 3. Pile on a brioche bun topped with sauce and Cole slaw. Plenty of leftovers! Time to get creative.

C9C3B56C-196D-4E53-B000-C74B63EE6719.jpeg
6FAFDA45-7FF7-4DF9-BAFC-986D9DCC0CA3.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,805 Posts
No pics for this one, I don’t even have a name for it...
Fry up a pound of bacon
Do not drain the skillet, brown up a pound to 1.5 pounds of ground beef, elk or deer etc. in the skillet.
Add in salt to taste
Add hot green chilis to taste
Crumble the bacon and add back to skillet
Add 1 bag of Uncle Bens pre made spanish rice
Cook till its all mixed well and warm

Add to tortilla with pico and cheese and enjoy

Originally I was going to fry the burritos but I got lazy and just had regular burritos and it was pretty dang good.

This would be easy to make ahead of time for camp food too

·
Registered
496 Posts
@Savageman2506 , looks delicious! In all the years I've fished I've never learned how to filet, so that's my "outdoor goal" for this year. Long term plan is to get a kayak and fish for stripers, I've seen those fileted and they look amazing.
No need to fillet trout smaller than 15". Just cook em whole and use a fork to run along the backbone, starting at the tail. All the meat peels right off the ribcage and backbone. Voila!

Just be careful for pin bones

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Gavinspop, your going to be in Payson tues right, Bring a sample plate by please. That looks delish...

On a side note, I sent you a pm last week, had not heard back...Let me know if your interested, that was a smokin deal ....

·
Registered
739 Posts
This doesn’t exactly fall under the category of supper but figured I’d put it here anyway.....

While visiting my daughter in Flagstaff last week we took a hike on Mt Elden, she decided to pick a handful of “cowboy bullets” (juniper berries) to throw at her pops which inspired me to bring home a few handfuls to use with the smoker or for rubs, stews, etc. Didn’t want to run the dehydrator just to dry the berries out so I picked up some beef from the clearance section at Fry’s and made jerky, came out darn good and here’s what I marinated it in:

1 cup black cherry juice
1/4c brown sugar
Heaping tbs Salt Lick Original Dry Run
Tsp pepper
Tsp salt

Tried it after 8 hours and gave it another 2 in the dehydrator.
9CC5887A-4591-4638-9EB4-B07B284A4BCF.jpeg
0EA2179F-3C8A-4D34-982E-6F12B3E09065.jpeg

61 - 76 of 76 Posts