Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack Ryan here. I like to hunt, fish, shoot, pretty much what ever out doors. Nice to meet ya'all.

T

·
0 Posts
Welcome Jack :welcome: , Is that your real name or are you a Tom Clancy fan like I am? :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
6,598 Posts
Jack,

Sorry for overlooking your post, but here's another late :welcome: and hope to see you often.

I like to hunt, fish, shoot, pretty much what ever out doors.
Indiana huh? I belong to another forum, called Arrowhead Forums. Lot's o'folks from Indiana on there with some very nice arrowhead collections. You ever hunt/find arrowheads?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never have myself but I've worked with quite few who did and know a few who still do.

The guy with the biggest collection gave me this advice when I ask him how he finds all those.

He said look for areas where you would make a camp if you had to carry every bucket of water you needed for your whole life in buckets from the river. Look for low hills that never flood near the river. Then of those hills get permission to hunt and watch for the farmer to plow or plant them in the spring and then when it rains, that is the magic hour of arrow head hunting. They will be laying right there exposed like they were dropped there yesterday.

He said most of what people find are discards and rejects they don't use when they were sitting around camp making them or dropped them when they had to leave in a hurry and may be lost practicing in camp.

That's about the way I remember it but that's all second hand from what he told me, I tell you. I never went looking for them.

·
Administrator
6,598 Posts
Your friend gave you great advice on how to find them in Indiana (and neighboring states).

In AZ, we don't have the creeks and rivers that most states have. Not even in prehistoric times.

But, I did read somewhere that AZ was estimated to have 3.5 - 4.5 million archaeological "sites" within it's boundaries. About half of those are recorded.

Lot's of *****'s back then, and consequently, lot's of arrowheads too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts