Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and have been doing a lot of reading. I moved to the area in February this year and would really like to get to know the lay of the hunting land. I hail from Texas where I have been ranch/rifle hunting deer for many years and also an avid wing shooter. I live for dove season, hunt ducks, geese, quail, pheasant and just about anything else that moves. For those of you familiar with TX hunting, it is quite the opposite of AZ. Private lands, public game vs. public lands and private game (tags required).

I recently aquired a bow and hope to be a decent shot by November, as it seems this is the only way I will be able to hunt anything other that coyotes this coming seasons, but have no idea where to even start! Dove should be fun and I noticed lots of ducks in the local waters back in Feb, so that looks fairly promising too.

I have moved to an area in West Phoenix and do not know a single outdoorsman in the region. Believe me, I am not cyber scouting for holes, but would love some direction of where to start walking, scouting, and driving for various game. If anyone in the west valley is looking for a hunting partner with an overweight Brittany that loves to pick up birds, let me know.

Also, if anyone is familiar with any local clubs, organizations, groups that could get me heading in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I am excited about all the challenges and rewards AZ has to offer to the outdoorsman and can't wait to start. Any direction or assistance would be great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts