Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to leave the Valley and head for Alpine. From the looks of things it is going to be pretty "warm" there too but nights make it nice. Sit out by the propane camp fire and have a cool one, or two and listen to the elk coming in to water.

I am thinking that I might even try a fly or two at Aker Lake and see if I can catch a Grayling. My fly fishing abilities are lacking but who knows my turkey calling is lacking also and I have not seemed to be limited with results.

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
Enjoy it Lynn!

Reactions: lynn1130

·
Administrator
6,547 Posts
Yep, get up there and have fun before it all catches fire!

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ackre Lake.
Either spelling is correct but NFS, who administers the lake lists it as AKER as do the signs around it and the NFS map as well as OnX. Google map, and G&F list it as ACKRE. Either way I’ll be there.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Can't depend on Google ... once again. I know it didn't look right. Years ago I talked to one of the family Aker members. I just remember it wasn't Acre as it was so small. I also remember we got really lost trying to get there right after the roads open but with all the trees down from the winter storms.

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Have a relaxing time, get in lots of hikes, drink a few cold ones for me, and please get a pic of that Grayling when you catch it!
You can bet that if I catch a grayling there will be a photo taken. That would be a major coup. Especially considering my fly fishing skills.

I found these from a previous trip in.

·
Administrator
6,547 Posts
That's a pretty little lake.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Never heard of it, AH... Is it like Potato Lake, one year it has water, then nothing for a few years ?

Lynn, Are you 70 plus, LOL,,, never would have known.

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, as far as it know it has water all of the time and yes 70 came and went six years ago.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
I got couple more years for my Pioneer Licence, by the time I get it I wont be walking much . AZ G&F need to change that to 50 years plus resident Native AZ .

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well one of two air conditioners went out this afternoon. That slows things down and I hope it is not a sign.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts