Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 1st year masters student at midwestern university - Glendale. I am doing research on Kinkajous and need a raccoon for anatomical comparison. I do not wish to hunt myself and just need a carcass. Please no roadkill, hindlimbs intact and I can come pick it up and preserve it myself. No outside steps needed on your end.

Please let me know if there is any possibility of obtaining this.

Thank You
Shelby

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Shelby,
Give Arizona Game and Fish a call and see if they might be able to help. 602-942-3000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shelby,
Give Arizona Game and Fish a call and see if they might be able to help. 602-942-3000
I did email them and they said noone had turned any in as of recent. Thank You for the number and I will try again.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Not very many **** hunters close by. Verde valley members might be helpful. I would also double check on the legality of transferring possession of a specimen. The AZ state lab on van Buren sometimes gets them in, also check with USFS as well. For educational research purposes I'm sure there would be other easy channels to acquire carcass

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
ADOT would be a good resource also, they remove from roadway to throw them over the guardrail or to side of road in the bushes..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not very many **** hunters close by. Verde valley members might be helpful. I would also double check on the legality of transferring possession of a specimen. The AZ state lab on van Buren sometimes gets them in, also check with USFS as well. For educational research purposes I'm sure there would be other easy channels to acquire carcass
Thank You I will check all avenues

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Keep us posted on your findings as well, I am a science fan! Even if you don't hunt I encourage you to stick around a bit and ask whatever questions you have. Most of us are low brow savages but there are a few gems that might help spread the word that not all hunters are well, low brow savages. :)

·
Administrator
6,547 Posts
I'm not sure how to take that remark... o_O

Haha

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Keep us posted on your findings as well, I am a science fan! Even if you don't hunt I encourage you to stick around a bit and ask whatever questions you have. Most of us are low brow savages but there are a few gems that might help spread the word that not all hunters are well, low brow savages. :)
What are you saying about us being savages ?

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
We're not just average savages, but "low brow" savages, as in......we hunt with sticks and clubs.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Hey I said "Us" :) now had I said "they" I could understand disagreement. Sticks and clubs is pretty low brow, I suppose a high brow savage might utilize a hand carved mahogany cane and craftsman turned table legs to hunt.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, when you think about it, all humans really have done is taken those sticks and now we make them go really fast. same with throwing rocks, we just found the gooder ones, made them pointy and make them go really really fast with explosoves

1 - 16 of 16 Posts