Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Archers Lodge' started by DutchmanAZ, Aug 17, 2006.

1. I've noticed lately while out practicing with my bow at 30 yards, my arrows seem to kick to the right roughly midway
    to the target, and then straighten out before hitting the target.
    Is this normal, or is something off? I'm guessing my bow needs tuned.
    I'm a rookie, and shooting a PSE Bruin with a wisker bisquit..
    Thanks in advance!

2. It shouldn't be happening. There something out of whack. Without knowing anything about your set up it's hard to say what.

What's your draw length, poundage, type of arrows, point weight, shootng with fingers or a release? I'm guessing you have a spine problem but then it could be a multitude of things.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Super Mod Mod

4. I ended up taking the bow down the archery HQ and had them tune it. Turns out the only thing "wrong" was that
    the string had stretched a little. I asked them about the arrow kicking to the right when I picked it up, and he took a closer look. I have a wisker bisquit rest, and he put the cockvane up instead of down (which is what I was taught). It looked like one of the fletchings was rubbing the string on the right, which he said would cause the problem I mentioned.
    He then proceeded to twist the arrow in the nock a little to gain the necessary clearance.
    I shot the bow yesterday and the arrows flew true.

It seems to me if the fletching was rubbing the string on the right it would kick the rear part of the arrow to the left?

Does it really matter if the cockvane is up or down when shooting through a bisquit? After I looked at it, I don't really see how it would matter.
    Thanks

5. Sorry but I can't help you with the biscuit.

I'd strongly suggest you take a look at the easton tuning guide too. It has a ton of good tuning methods. One of the things you'll run into is a shop can tune the bow but it isn't going to be tuned to the way you shoot. A bow seems complicated at first but they're really not that hard to work on. I kinda enjoy it.

6. hello dutchman,i also have a whisker biscuit on my hunting bow-i also have the cock vane up.my WB has black bristles on the bottom to support the arrow,i believe they intend for them to be shot vane up.they sure are the great for hunting(IMO) and contrary to many,accuracy or speed isnt affected like most think.