January Archery Deer Contest

Discussion in 'Archers Lodge' started by Desert Rat, Dec 31, 2006.

1. I have some odds and ends from Vortex.

If you successfully bag a deer in January 07, post the pic and/or story here. First week in February I'll post a poll. Best success story or pic gets a couple of Vortex T-shirts and a pair of mini-binos. Good luck!

2. Very cool! I'll be trying my best to be part of it! :lol:

3. Since Az Thunder will be out and about, I'm betting he'll at least have an interesting story and possibly a deer. Ditto for AZSlim. They're both hunting in primo deer country.

I'll see if I can't relieve you of some of that stuff, Marshall. :)

4. Chief

Chief Guest

Coues84 has been out also, got him into an area that holds at least a 115 coues maybe even better. He should be out here again today tryiing for him.

5. I forgot all about this.....

If you want to be eligible for the contest, post a pic and/or story in this thread ASAP. In a couple of weeks, I'll put a poll up for a vote.

6. The only thing I could post from this year is a pic of my pig. Don't think I could even begin to stretch the story enough to pretend it was a small, ugly deer with no horns and big teeth.

7. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

I suggest placing the Vortex goodies back in the pot and start a new contest for 2007.

Fat chance "this" newbie will win an archery deer contest, but hey, I could get lucky, right? :roll:

8. I filled a tag in January one year, and then went absoutley crazy every other season watching everyone else hunt, and me not being able to.. I have been trying not to repeat that. Only arrows flung in Jan at deer will be flung at Booners. LOL Come the Aug-Sept hunt I'm not quite as picky. By Dec, anythign legal is on the table, and fair game. LOL

9. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Ditto that Coues84. If I'm going to let one fly in Jan, it would have to be at a truly monstrous buck.

I think for most archery deer hunters, January is probably the worst month for ground shrinkage.

10. If that's OK with everyone, I think that is what I will do..... speak now, or forever hold yer peace