Arizona Hunting Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
@Savageman2506 it’s good to hear of fellow guys getting into the environmental field. Hopefully, you’ll learn of the struggle to ban leaded gasoline in this country or already have. I find it very interesting how we gravitate to this substance. From a ballistics standpoint, it’s great, but you know the jokes about the kid that ate lead paint chips, well I can ya that’s a real thing man and lead poisoning is directly related things like autism and loss of fertility and brain functioning. These discussions always remind me of the crazed Emperor Nero who drank form leaded cups. The only reason I join into these threads is to help spread awareness to lead toxicity, especially in children. Before I was aware of the issue, I used squeeze lead shot in mouth while fishing. After observing an autopsy of a dead loon and analyzing its lead shot in its digestive tract, it makes you wonder about putting lead in your mouth or ingesting meat shot with it!

·
Registered
496 Posts
@Savageman2506 it’s good to hear of fellow guys getting into the environmental field. Hopefully, you’ll learn of the struggle to ban leaded gasoline in this country or already have. I find it very interesting how we gravitate to this substance. From a ballistics standpoint, it’s great, but you know the jokes about the kid that ate lead paint chips, well I can ya that’s a real thing man and lead poisoning is directly related things like autism and loss of fertility and brain functioning. These discussions always remind me of the crazed Emperor Nero who drank form leaded cups. The only reason I join into these threads is to help spread awareness to lead toxicity, especially in children. Before I was aware of the issue, I used squeeze lead shot in mouth while fishing. After observing an autopsy of a dead loon and analyzing its lead shot in its digestive tract, it makes you wonder about putting lead in your mouth or ingesting meat shot with it!
Absolutely. I've learned about leaded gas and the high levels of lead in water supplies and waterfowl due to leaded shot in water, which has a harder time being contained, and got ingested by ducks and such. Lead is toxic, no doubt, but I think there's room for a reasonable compromise on both sides that will benefit all parties in the long-run.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts