Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided not to head up north as I expect things to be too crowded for my tastes and only having one day.
I'll put a pork shoulder on the smoker tonight around 6 and pull it off around 3:00 pm tomorrow. Most likely will make some fresh salsa and eat the pulled pork with corn tortillas and likely wash it down with a cold oat soda or two.
Spend the day in the pool and doing small things inside - it'll be too darned hot to do much else. My son is up visiting my parents in Washington state so I doubt we'll go to any fireworks show. We can see Chandler, Mesa, and Queen Creeks displays from the house anyway although it's not near as fun as being right there.
Might have to dust off a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in order to remember the freedoms we're supposed to have, those that remain, and likely get mad about how screwed up we've allowed our government to be. Don't get me wrong - I love my country but we've sure allowed some strange things to happen in the past 100 years.

What are your plans?

·
Registered
588 Posts
me i have to work from 5 am till 1 pm then i dont know if i am going out shooting with a friend who is in town then going to BBQ some good steaks and corn on the cob noithing like corn cooked on the grill sit back and watch a movie cant see the fireworks from where we live. and just enjoy the nite. and remeber to thank the men and women who fight for OUR freedom every day if not for them who knows where we would be.

G

·
July 4th Plans...

4:15 AM - get out of bed.
4:17 - turn on the coffee and give the pets treats
4:20 - take shower
4:38 - out of shower
4:40 - grab my coffee and ciggs. , kick my dog because he's in the way,
and head out back to smoke and do alittle coughing ( Fun :rolleyes: )
4:50 - head inside and pet my cat who is clean himself after eating
4:52 - yell at the dog to leave the cat aloan
4:53 - tell my wife good morning and pour her a cut of coffee
5:05 - load my fishing rod and gear in the car
5:15 - hear my wife saying something about "where the heck are you
going"
5:17 - make up some story about this fishing trip was planned two
months before and that - " We talked about this then"
5:18 -grab my phone and kiss the wife and tell her I be back around
whenever and lisen to jabber'n about stuff that needs to be done
around the hou.......and we can .......
5:20 - start the car and pull out of the driveway as the wife is jabber'n
that if I am not home by ..... CRANK THE TUNES UP....
5:48 - jump out and grab the Rod and get to fishing
5:53 - thank the Lord for another wonderful day.
5:54 - cast the Rod and have some fun
6:35 - after catching a few trout head back to car and move downstream
6:40 - jump out and start fishing again.....
7:12 - look for bush to take a pee :hahaha:
7:13 - back to fishing
8:27 - start to think about what great day this is and take a few more
casts
8:43 - head back to car
8:50 - pull out and head down the road
9:22 - pull in to drive way and start lessening to the wife jabbering
about the we can.......
9:30 - tell the wife what ever she needs me to do , "I am hers"
9:31 - wonder why I told my wife "I am all hers":rolleyes:
9:35 - Doing what the wife wants and loving it.

·
951 Posts
some wild game and watch the fire works form the top of the truck can see Eloy Arizona City Casa Grande Chandler Coolidge and Florence from here

·
Administrator
6,607 Posts
Celebrate our 7th Anniversary with a nice dinner at Winslow's finest eatery - Turquoise Room - La Posada Hotel.

Then, off to our friends house for some cold oat soda (thanks Dutchman) and watch the fireworks.

Happy 4th of July to everyone and please be safe!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're quite welcome Thunder...I myself borrowed it from an article about John Goodman years back.

Paul, what can I say. Excellent post!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Sitting here at work getting paid to be bored out of my gourd in ways that I had never imagined. But hoping it continues for the rest of the shift. 1450hrs so far and noone in our first due area has had a bad day yet. Got to love it. Now back to the computer games. The Batallion Chief has graciously granted us a down day. LOL...

Shane

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Working also, albeit from home. Working on reports - I have 44 that need some verbiage inserted. Bleccch

Wife in bed not feeling well, daughter wandering around doing what 9-year olds do. I think she and I will hit the pool tonight and see what we can see for fireworks...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Paul, whats up with the 18 minute shower????? I havent spent 18 minutes in the shower this week total. LOL

G

·
Sturge,
I shave in there at the same time. I do this about 4 times a week if I don't shave it's about ten minutes. I have a crooked go-tee 3 out of 4 times. When it's real bad I shave it all off and start over.

Good eye there Sturge and I didn't think any one would catch the time frame. :mrgreen:

So I live at Power Road and Ray Road where is it that I was talking about fishing?
There is a prize for whoever guesses right.

Limited time offer...... 7/08/07 9:00PM

( this prize is mine and has nothing to do with this site and or the owners and or anyone connected to this site)
The Prize is -------- ---- -- --- - ------- .

PS. I drive fast. Just ask Desert Rat. :hahaha:

For your info- I give a Prize away over at another outdoor site. Mr. Smith was the winner. Think it was in Jan. 2007 .

G

·
We Have A Winner !

David is the Winner. :beer:
I don't know how he got it.:rolleyes:

Okay the prize is - Fishing with me for a morning! :roflpmp:
This will take place when we both can go.

Still want it David? :nyah:

I just hope you don't find out what Mr.Smith's prize was.:rolleyes:

G

·
Spent the 4th in Cimmaron, CO, no fireworks display because of the dry conditions in the surrounding areas. Had a great time and didn't need the fireworks to remind me what this great country is all about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts