Looking for a Trade

Discussion in 'Firearms, Shooting, Optics, & Outdoor Gear' started by Desert Rat, Sep 30, 2006.

1. My wife bought me a new .30-06 for my birthday, so that will become my deer/elk rifle. I have a Ruger 7mm Rem Mag with a Nikon scope. It's all sighted in and I'm comfy with it, so I'll use it for my deer hunt in late October - but after that I'd like to trade it for a .22-250. I'll consider a .223 or .220 Swift as well. Need a Predator rifle :) The Ruger is in very good condition, I'd like to trade for something of similar value.

I may consider selling outright

2. OK - will do a straight sale. I did manage to put a quarter sized scratch on the stock (butt) yesterday.

I'd like to have $450 cash which will include the sling, scope & mounts, and a couple of half boxes of ammo. FTF, local meet only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scratch - near the top of the stock, in line with the swivel
    [​IMG]

3. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Marshall... PM inbound.

4. AZ~ThunderDan

Desert Rat, I sent you another Pm and I guess you didn't get it?

Anyway... From the pics you posted and those in my Stoeger Gun Guide, it looks like what you have is the Model 77 Mark II.

Can you tell by any of the markings on the gun if it's a:

Model 77 MKIIR

Model 77RLS MKII

Model 77RL MKII

Can you see any place along the barrel where open sights were previously mounted?

5. Sorry, Dan - I got your PM, but never managed to go out and look it over. I just did now, though. Yes, it's an M77 MkII. That's all it says on the rifle, all it says on the manual. It's never had open sights, nor provisions for open sights (that I can see).

Sorry for the delay.

6. AZ~ThunderDan

No problem Rat. Now I'm armed with all the info and can run this deal by my son. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

7. AZ~ThunderDan

Rat, check your PM's again. I believe you've just sold your rifle! :D

8. Wanted to Buy

Predator Rifle

Would prefer that it includes a scope, but not a deal-breaker

.22-250 .223 .220 Swift .223WSSM or maybe something I missed...

Varmints to lions

Would like to stay at $500 or less

9. Chief

Chief Guest

[​IMG]

To bad your not closer to Hereford, we could sit down over a beer, or two :beer: , and haggle about the price on this one.

Savage Model 12FVSS 22-250
    Harris Bi-Pod
    Weaver Grand Slam 6-20x40 Fine Cross Hairs w/Dot

Nice thing about this rifle is that I shot all the misses out of it, aint got none left :D