Maine Vue Optics

Discussion in 'Firearms, Shooting, Optics, & Outdoor Gear' started by Chief, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

an un-solicitated review. [​IMG]

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

I dunno Chief. Looks like you need to tighten up those groups a little better. LOL!

3. Chief

Chief Guest

Spent some time on the range this morning with Mr. Steve Tweedies Maine Guide 3-12x50, AO, Matte, 30/30 Reticle Scope. It is sitting on my Heavy Barrel Remington 700 22-250, Leupold one piece base and Leupold Rings. I choose this rifle because I know it is capable of shooting 1/2 MOA at 100 yards, (broke my heart to take the fixed 36X Leupold off it).

After getting it on paper at 25 yards I moved it out to 150 and decided to see what this new scope would do. The five shot group at the fox target are grouped at less than 3/4 inch. That was at it's highest setting 12X, I than ran through the whole range, down to 3, the largest group was 1'' and point of impact was not enough to matter throughout the whole range of settings. The next test will be to pull it off my 700 and put it on my Wheatherby 7Mag, which also shoots less than an inch at 100 yards. The negative part of today was that I did have to buy a set of medium rings as the 50MM bell was a tad to large. So far this scope has impressed me, just need to see what it will do on a larger action.

Maine Vue Optics built for the big Maine Woods, but rugged enough for the arid southwest.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

We must of been typing at the same time. My buddies comment was "must be your age you don't shoot any where near as good as you use to."

5. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

That set-up you got there is a real tack-driver. Sweet!

Be sure and add that rifle to your will... with me as beneficiary. :roll:

6. Chief

Chief Guest

Strange that you should say that. A good hunting buddy of mine passed away many years ago. One evening over diner at their house his widow said "I know Bob would have wanted you to have one of his rifles." He always carried this rifle when we went coyote hunting and everytime I look at it it sure brings back some good ole memories.