Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is up to a March Madness camping, hiking, fishing, cooking, calling, hot tub experience in March? If you are let's get together in March at Roper Lake just outside of Safford. It's a state park so there is a fee for using the area, there are full hook-ups for trailers and RV's, improved tent sites and cabins to rent. Excellent bathroom facilities and hot showers so the wife and kids can enjoy some of the comforts of home.

We can work our way up the eastern side of the state, a few of us got together at Parker Canyon in Jan, March can be at Roper, we can then plan another in May, maybe at Big Lake. We can continue on working up the eastern side of the state and end up at Lyman Lake in May.

Any takers?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had no date in mind. Since I am pretty flexable thought I'd let somebody else pick a date. Why don't you and we can plan for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't look like the Wildcats are going anywhere in March. So I'm up for a get together. I've been wanting to get back into some more fishing.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Let's make it officially the 9th - 11th .

My family should be able to be up there late Friday evening.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Count me in!
The only thing on my calendar is on March 14th.
The 9th-11th works, could even stay longer.
I need to get the vacation form in ASAP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 10th, and 11th work for me. I forgot that Chief banned me. If you don't mind a little wind? :lol: I can make it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Cochise said:
The 10th, and 11th work for me. I forgot that Chief banned me. If you don't mind a little wind? :lol: I can make it.
Yeah...we probably shouldn't plan on calling coyotes if you're gonna be anywhere within 50 miles of us :lol:
I'll be sure to bring enough weight to hold my EZ-up down too.
Everyone - add kites to your packing list :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checked with my social secretary and she said I have them date cleared. I'm in and so is the wife and maybe a grandkid - or two.

Cochise - Consider the ban lifted, temporarily!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
According to my shift calender thats right in the middle of a tour. I will have to check with the schedueling department to see if I(we) might make it up on the 11th for a while. But with the mood she has been in do not count me in just yet. LOL :roll:

Shane

·
Administrator
6,635 Posts
You mean besides beer? LOL.

If Cochise ends up going, you might want to bring some Beano and stick matches. :roll:

On second thought, nix the matches.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about everybody just bring what they need for the time they will be there. Or partner up with someone and share the cost of a cabin and/or camping space. I'll be there with my wife and maybe a grandkid or two so my trailer is booked solid!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Man I really want to get out to one of these, my problem is I work every Saturday. Maybe I need a mental health day. Definetly a good time for one.

Ron

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
ibowhuntaz said:
Man I really want to get out to one of these, my problem is I work every Saturday. Maybe I need a mental health day. Definetly a good time for one.

Ron
I hope you & yours can make it. It'll be a good time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AZ~Thunder said:
If Cochise ends up going, you might want to bring some Beano and stick matches. :roll:

On second thought, nix the matches.
You should have been in the trailer with the Dutchman, the gas detector went off in the middle of the night, but it wasn't propane it was detecting :D

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Thought I would update this :wink:

I reserved a cabin for my Son and I. Might be one other with us- its still up in the air.

Any others coming? :?:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Bump.
Don't forget about this everyone. It would be nice to meet some more of the online community.
The lack of response makes me wonder how many people on this board actually get away
from the keyboard & out into the great outdoors..... :runforhills: :lol:

Where's that pot stirring icon Paul? :D :D :D :twisted:

·
Registered
124 Posts
March 9-11 is the Outdoor Show in Glendale and I have promised my nephews I would take them to see the what all the hoopla is about.
That is why I have not responded about going to the get together, as much as I would like to go this is more important.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts