March Madness

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by Chief, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

Who is up to a March Madness camping, hiking, fishing, cooking, calling, hot tub experience in March? If you are let's get together in March at Roper Lake just outside of Safford. It's a state park so there is a fee for using the area, there are full hook-ups for trailers and RV's, improved tent sites and cabins to rent. Excellent bathroom facilities and hot showers so the wife and kids can enjoy some of the comforts of home.

We can work our way up the eastern side of the state, a few of us got together at Parker Canyon in Jan, March can be at Roper, we can then plan another in May, maybe at Big Lake. We can continue on working up the eastern side of the state and end up at Lyman Lake in May.

Any takers?????

2. Chief

Chief Guest

Had no date in mind. Since I am pretty flexable thought I'd let somebody else pick a date. Why don't you and we can plan for it.

3. Cochise

Cochise Guest

It doesn't look like the Wildcats are going anywhere in March. So I'm up for a get together. I've been wanting to get back into some more fishing.

4. Let's make it officially the 9th - 11th .

My family should be able to be up there late Friday evening.

5. Dave Price

Dave Price Moderator Staff Member Mod Premium Member

Count me in!
    The only thing on my calendar is on March 14th.
    The 9th-11th works, could even stay longer.
    I need to get the vacation form in ASAP.

6. Cochise

Cochise Guest

The 10th, and 11th work for me. I forgot that Chief banned me. If you don't mind a little wind? :lol: I can make it.

7. Yeah...we probably shouldn't plan on calling coyotes if you're gonna be anywhere within 50 miles of us :lol:
    I'll be sure to bring enough weight to hold my EZ-up down too.
    Everyone - add kites to your packing list :wink:

8. Chief

Chief Guest

Just checked with my social secretary and she said I have them date cleared. I'm in and so is the wife and maybe a grandkid - or two.

Cochise - Consider the ban lifted, temporarily!

9. According to my shift calender thats right in the middle of a tour. I will have to check with the schedueling department to see if I(we) might make it up on the 11th for a while. But with the mood she has been in do not count me in just yet. LOL :roll:

Shane