·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is starting to look real brutal!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm relying on a serious monsoon season to make my elk hunt worthwhile.

Reactions: azelkhntr

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
A few inches from the Monsoon (more like Nonsoon lately) won't come close to saving us. No snow pack, no winter rains, and nothing short of a hurricane coming up the Baja is going to help and that would not happen soon enough either. This is bad folks and getting worse.

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
100% agree, Bad Times accoming, lol, hope they allow the elk hunts to take place, No fires for sure, Well heck, who has fires at night when you get up at 03:30 am, dinner and bed is my game plan.. Not this old Man !!! And we had more snow this year then ever, still didnt help. We need feet of rain like Ed in Bama Gets, Maybe he will send our way if we ASK Nice !!!:eek::cry:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Worst drought since AZ starting keeping records in the late 1800s.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Good morning to all-
Bear- I would happily send you all the rain that's supposed to fall here later today.
I am working a craft show later today with my daughter, and one of my least favorite things is breaking craft show camp and loading up weavings and books and tents...
all in the rain.
We've just dried up- that's major puddles and ditches overflowing- from our last rain storm.

you all keep well and be safe- Ed

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully this is accurate. It'd be nice to get some rain.

The La Niña is weakening and moving towards a neutral system. Our Monsoon Season doesn't correlate to the ENSO as well as our winter weather, so there’s no clear indication this will help our rain situation. We want an El Niño shift for the Winter to help push moisture into the area.

How does ENSO affect SW weather patterns? | CLIMAS

Climas has also predicted below average precipitation with persist in AZ through July 2021.

·
Super Moderator
2,846 Posts
The ground being dry is bad enough, nevermind all the newbies moving here that have no idea how our reservoir system works, and thats all the water we have

Reactions: John McLaughlin

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Not to worry gang. Bill Gates is an expert in weather and climate manipulation. We should all trust him and his plans. 👍
Just like the handful of Teslas that are around, his proposed community is just a drop in the bucket to all the unsustainable development I see all around the valley. The federal water restrictions that will soon be applied will hit the farmers first, then everyone else’s wallet at the grocery store. If we keep allowing all this development, then Phoenix will turn into chithole just like Orange County, CA.

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
Why limit it to Orange Co. The entire southern half of the state is in that same hole.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey, I love hunting AZ, prefer the people there and enjoy the backcountry but I just don't see how Phoenix can begin to compare to my lifetime home of San Clemente. Phoenix is 200 miles from water and 2 feet from Hell. You can do far worse than So. OC.

Seriously...where would you rather be, especially in summer?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My reference to Orange County was more to the elevated rent/property costs that are driving people down the 10 into the greater phx area by the droves! More in reference to this part of Orange County

1 - 20 of 37 Posts