Arizona Hunting Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Buster, Whats that pic of ??? Looks like a refugee camp somewhere, High fence, and a perimeter do not cross fence from WW!! . LOL, Hope Im wrong ???
This is one of many homeless camps in Orange County, CA. Sure there’s some nice beach areas out there, but the place is also littered with vagrants and beggars!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I guess we need to count ourselves Lucky in AZ, Ya Sure it happens here also, This looks like households of Goods and Junk Collecting !!!
The last image is what remained after police broke up the homeless camp in Santa Ana. Over seven hundred people living in tents and bathing in the river there! Many have nowhere to go and end up in the phx area. What’s crazy is a lot of these people work, but can’t afford rents. Unfortunately, a couple of these camps are now in downtown Phoenix as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You see this much more in liberal districts (like Nancy Pelosi's) than OC. I'm sure there are a number of em here but I have never seen one and I've lived here since the 60s. I understand they are quite common in the big metro areas like LA, Sacramento, the Bay Area but in OC it's much less of an issue.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here’s another article explaining the reduction in water the state will experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't see how any of this can be good for PHX metro. These builders just keep on building. Although timber prices are rising, I still see a lot of construction going on. The mass sprawl just continues nonstop! Traffic is getting worse. Population growing exponentially, more cars, more mouth breathers, more problems. I just read two articles this morning about the "gas shortage" and "chicken shortage." This summer is shaping up to be very miserable. I may even consider moving. I don't see how PHX metro is sustainable.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Here in Flagstaff the city & county politicos give tax incentives to certain developers and businesses; you know, to stimulate growth. Then the city raises our (i.e. MY) property taxes to drill five new wells and purchase the associated water rights AND WE ARE STILL SHORT OF WATER!! These yahoos are still negotiating for additional water like there’s no tomorrow and no shortage. Sustainable? Like @Natty Bro sez, I don’t see how!
Who was it that said, “whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting over?”
Madness, utter madness!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
Mark Twain but that is not verified.

Reactions: Savageman2506

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
Next rain, if any comes at all won't be until June at the earliest and that would be for SE and Eastern AZ. If this Monsoon is like last year we are in trouble. Let's say, bigger trouble.

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
It was pouring rain yesterday on a job, I didnt have to go to on that day, iIn HOLBROOK. water running down the dirt roads. Cooled off 25 degrees in like 10 mins. I was begging it to go to Payson, no such luck.

Reactions: Buster

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
We’re in a real pickle right now! Quail aren’t producing eggs because the hens have to conserve water. Vegetation in areas is too sparse to maintain current wildlife populations. This became clearly evident to me when I went up to a wild gila trout stream that was to open May 1st for the first time in decades. All the combined efforts of trout unlimited, state, and fed agencies was in vain! Creeks almost all dried up and choked full of nasty algae!

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
! Creeks almost all dried up and choked full of nasty algae!
Thats TOO Bad, Hate to see that. Buster, what creek ???, Have to try before its too late, Would like to catch a little Gila Trout. Did you catch any of the little Buggers ? The Drought has LONG Reaching fingers for sure. Same as Chevlon Creek, Very limited snow fall, lake didnt come close to filling, so downstream is very limited fishing opportunities, Takes a GOOD fisherman to catch a couple washed down creek, Great little creek for Tenkara Rod and a dry or wet fly. Lots of debris and algea in water,.

·
Super Moderator
3,680 Posts
Last summer the East Fork of the Black was low. It never did come up and fishing was tough. We caught a few but most of the lakes were ponds and there was little to no runoff. Arizona streams have suffered over the years. Too much draw down from ground pumping and while I hate to target the farmers and ranchers there is a point where their take from this needs to be cut back. Crops and cattle over the ecosystem is a wrong choice. The health of the ecosystem determines whether crops and cattle are sustainable. We are making the wrong choices and it has long term effects.

120 years ago most all of the streams ran in this state. Seeps ran strong. You could find water in most all washes. My family are farmers and ranchers but I have to say that our entire ecosystem is endanger today and it is time to make a choice between the future of the earth or eating beef.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts