Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Members-
Wheres everyone going or doing this long weekend??? I know a few are coming up to the rim lakes like Fern to battle the crowds and confusion, I believe Green is going fishing at Dogtown Friday also to catch another limit of Feisty trout,, I know Scott"s gotta work long hours on the weekend for a show or such, No fishing Partner this trip. AH, No thanks, sounds crowded already.. I know a couple coming up also to do a bit of scouting and look see around, maybe do a little horn hunt or what have you. Me, I may try to do Tonto EARLY, EARLY Friday am, then going home to finish my work week out on Friday. Rest of the time Im staying home and off the Roads. Beware guys if your coming back down the rim on Sunday or Monday, BE CAREFUL, Traffic will be a ZOO and backed up for miles taking an hour or more to get through Payson. If any want a break, stop by my house for a bit, Just text or call me, Ill defiantly be around.

Be Careful out there this weekend where ever you go, Drive Safe, Be Paitent with the other idiot Drivers and the old Folks. Take Care and above all, HAVE FUN !!! :p :LOL: :poop::LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I’m staying in the valley and hitting a few backyard BBQ’s and one might be my own. Bear, thanks for the invite, but next time.
I am trying to plan for Tinti the following Saturday AM, see you then maybe?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't even want to be on the 101 going to work at State Farm stadium! Last time I camped on a holiday was 4th of July about 8 years ago at Knoll Lake. Well, not true, I guess I did the same weekend at Ashurst last year. The crowds, traffic, trash, and the noise just ain't my thing. Payson is a definite no, I don't care for the long back-ups going into and out of town.

I hope you all have a nice restful holiday weekend, drink a few cold ones for me. Dave, if Rick comes up and you fish Tonto together maybe he can catch that wiley school of trout that wouldn't touch our bait?!

·
Administrator
6,547 Posts
Yeah, Payson, Prescott, Flagstaff, Pinetop, Lakeside, Showlow, or Mt Lemmon on a holiday weekend is a non-starter for me, too. I don't have any specific plans other than my wife and I having a couple of friends over for dinner Sat night and trying to wrap up a house remodeling project so we can get the thing listed to sell.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Be safe, Enjoy the weekend.

Be Careful out there this weekend where ever you go, Drive Safe, Be Paitent with the other idiot Drivers and the old Folks. Take Care and above all, HAVE FUN !!! :p :LOL: :poop::LOL:

Green.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Planning on doing a one day scouting mission on Saturday. Will leave around 3 am on Saturday, do a big loop through an area that we suspect holds elk, drink a beer and head home. Probably going to be a long day. Maybe we will put eyes on an elk? Then the rest of the weekend will be relaxing with the family. Probably drag the smoker out on Monday and make something good. Be safe everyone and remember what the holiday is about. Thanks to all of those that have bought our freedom to fight the crowds or stay home this weekend.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am going to finish putting in my garden and then hit Riggins Sunday and toss yarn at some salmon!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'll be in Unit 33.
A road takes off north from Loman Banks Road to Deadwood Reservoir just before the slides ( if you are coming from Banks or after the slides if from Loman) it will takes you to the top, look down to your left ( west) there is a large bowl in there. South of Packer John Lookout Road is good. Have seen a few smaller ones south of the South Fork.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A road takes off north from Loman Banks Road to Deadwood Reservoir just before the slides ( if you are coming from Banks or after the slides if from Loman) it will takes you to the top, look down to your left ( west) there is a large bowl in there. South of Packer John Lookout Road is good. Have seen a few smaller ones south of the South Fork.
Thanks for the info man, I'll make sure to check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
My son is playing a baseball tournament in Flagstaff all weekend so it will be baseball and beers for us. STEEP competition so if they play very well we will watch more baseball Monday otherwise we will go for a hike and BBQ. We are headed up Thursday afternoon and coming back Tuesday evening so hopefully the 17 should be ok by then. Drive safe everyone and keep two buckets of water in your truck. One for the campfire some idiot will have and then pour the other bucket on the idiots head.

·
Super Moderator
2,624 Posts
A day of yard chores, a day of either fishing at Lake Mary or arrowhead shed hunting in Unit 10 (haven't decided yet), and a day to rest.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Throwing something on the smoker and hanging in the pool. No northern trips on holiday weekends for us.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts