Arizona Hunting Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have a place up north...No way am I going to use it this weekend. It's a shame, but it just isn't worth the crowds nor the getting there and getting back with all the traffic.

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
We came home. Then we go back after the idiots go back home. I refuse to go anywhere on holiday weekends. I am tired of morons running the back roads with their hopped up ATV throwing dust everywhere, leaving trash in all the bar ditches and lighting fires where they are not supposed to. I really do not understand why we have not cleaned the gene pool of these people, or maybe they crash on their ATVs and do it for us. Sorry, that is sad but there is a point where you just start to wonder how they made it past 10 years old.

We will go back up in a couple of weeks. I have more hikes planned and we caught too many big fish and had to stop so we will have eaten those by then so we can fish some more.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
We came home. Then we go back after the idiots go back home. I refuse to go anywhere on holiday weekends. I am tired of morons running the back roads with their hopped up ATV throwing dust everywhere, leaving trash in all the bar ditches and lighting fires where they are not supposed to. I really do not understand why we have not cleaned the gene pool of these people, or maybe they crash on their ATVs and do it for us. Sorry, that is sad but there is a point where you just start to wonder how they made it past 10 years old.

We will go back up in a couple of weeks. I have more hikes planned and we caught too many big fish and had to stop so we will have eaten those by then so we can fish some more.
Not to worry. In a year most of them will be dead form their x-vax and then; Ahhh. Peace and quiet.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
We came home. Then we go back after the idiots go back home. I refuse to go anywhere on holiday weekends. I am tired of morons running the back roads with their hopped up ATV throwing dust everywhere, leaving trash in all the bar ditches and lighting fires where they are not supposed to. I really do not understand why we have not cleaned the gene pool of these people, or maybe they crash on their ATVs and do it for us. Sorry, that is sad but there is a point where you just start to wonder how they made it past 10 years ol
I live next the that prick.

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Was going to try fishing the tonto, NOPE, NO WAY, people yesterday crawling all over the creek, kids throwing rocks in the water, wifes sitting next to roadways in lounge chair watching husband and kids fish, Trash all over already, tents set up in every nook and cranny, even next to no camping signs( One sign had a wal mart bag over it taped on,) NOPE, NADA, Not me. Does not sound like fun at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My son is playing a baseball tournament in Flagstaff all weekend so it will be baseball and beers for us. STEEP competition so if they play very well we will watch more baseball Monday otherwise we will go for a hike and BBQ. We are headed up Thursday afternoon and coming back Tuesday evening so hopefully the 17 should be ok by then. Drive safe everyone and keep two buckets of water in your truck. One for the campfire some idiot will have and then pour the other bucket on the idiots head.
Lol, I had three play high level club, soccer and volleyball. Didn't spend a holiday weekend at home for years. I don't miss it, but, wouldn't change it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I will be in Commiefornia for my grandfathers funeral... So the traffic won't even register as the worst part of my trip...
I'm sorry Brendan, please have a safe trip and I'm sure your grandfather left you with lots of good memories.

Trash all over already, tents set up in every nook and cranny, even next to no camping signs( One sign had a wal mart bag over it taped on)
There should be multiple fines for that special kind of stupidity.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Was going to try fishing the tonto, NOPE, NO WAY, people yesterday crawling all over the creek, kids throwing rocks in the water, wifes sitting next to roadways in lounge chair watching husband and kids fish, Trash all over already, tents set up in every nook and cranny, even next to no camping signs( One sign had a wal mart bag over it taped on,) NOPE, NADA, Not me. Does not sound like fun at all.
Ghetto. 👍

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good afternoon to all-
Brothers, don't get to feeling special out there with your woods idiots and creek fools along with the dust causing ATV driving dopes- these kind of low-class scum are everywhere.
Down here on the Coast, the beaches are covered with pasty white Midwesterners turning slowly bright red in the sun, and the roads are jammed with fools trying to get away from the crowds and finding the crowds are already there- and then getting pissed about not having the beach all to themselves.
And going on the water is just as bad- drunk fools in power boats- nothing but trouble.
I won't even get into the annual beach get-together of national gay mens' convention which occurs on our beaches every Memorial Day- I don't give a hoot in hell what people do, but I wish folks- however they like to have fun- wouldn't insist on having their fun in public in front of every one.

So, we just hole up at home and then the week after, go down and clean up special places that fools have nastied up over the holidays.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm going to hide out and catch up on work around the house...it's amateur weekend out there. Hope no one burns down unit 7 (or any other unit).

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
We are most definitely staying in KFLG for the duration.
Just got back from Peculiar, MO (southern Kansas City area) visiting my wife’s family for the first time since June of 2019 and the china flu lockdown. It sucked all the way around. Sherry’s brother is getting over 5-way bypass, lung cancer, and a knee replacement all done w/in the last 18 months. It rained for the ten days we were there and I can count on one hand how many hours of sunshine we had. Highs in the sixties and lows in the sixties with 99+% humidity. Fortunately the 430 watts of solar kept the camper batteries charged. AND the on-demand water heater in our camper sprung a leak on the third day as we were getting ready for our shower! Called all over trying to find a radiator/HVAC/RV shop for repair to no avail. Ended up buying a new one and installed it myself. Nasty, nasty headwinds both ways! But, we were safe for the 16 days of our trip!

I will be in Commiefornia for my grandfathers funeral... So the traffic won't even register as the worst part of my trip...
Well, that royally sucs, That saddens me, prayers your way, and hope you have a safe journey.

Dave

Reactions: Savageman2506
21 - 40 of 71 Posts