Arizona Hunting Forums banner

Memorial weekend

2K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
Howdy fellas! What’s everyone up to for the long weekend? I bought a little camp trailer I’m gonna head north along with the rest of the valley Friday morning and try to find a spot to camp and relax. Hope all is well

#4 ·
Good morning to all-
Here on the coast, we don't do ANYTHING on the Memorial Day holidays- too many Midwesterners on the road going to the beach for vacation. I'll stay home and put holes in my target out back with my bow. I am contemplating a red snapper fishing trip after the holidays are over- I'll let you all know how that goes.
you all be safe and keep well- Ed

#7 ·
Water Sky Surfboard Surfing Watercraft

At least one day this weekend:cool:, considering taking a fishing pole and trolling around the marina at Roosevelt too lol

#10 ·
Staying off the roads all weekend. Going to try Tonto Crk Friday before the hordes take over. Here it is on Weds AM, Every other vehicle is loaded down in Payson headed east, Im sure campgrounds will be full by Friday am. No THANKS !!!

Hope no one starts a Forest Fire while out and about. Traffic will be backed up in Payson on Monday.

Just do my normal " IM Retired " stuff.

#22 ·
The follow up........

Saturday we hit Lake Mary as planned. A little chilly in the morning but a nice day overall. Ended up catching three 20-23" pike and this nice 23" walleye.

Sunday I scouted one of my limited ops areas. I found great elk sign and while following an elk trail I came upon some painted pottery. I started looking closer and found a number of arrowheads, all within a 30' radius.

#25 ·
Ran up to payson sat morning. Spent the day hanging in the cool weather. Hiked part of the Az trail to Washington park and back. Then cooked up a feast of a dinner for the family. Steaks, sautéed Brussels with onion and bacon, mushroom cream sauce for the steak topper and baked taters. Made it back home Sunday before traffic got too bad. Came home to a beat up chicken, scrapped some wood together and built another run to separate them and let the one heal up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.