Mother's day Pizza

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by DutchmanAZ, May 13, 2007.

1. Well, the wife came home from church (I'm a practicing heathen myself, although I did spend the better part of the morning cleaning the kitchen..that oughta buy me out of some time in purgatory...) and I asked her what she wanted to do for Mother's Day. She, as usual, was dry on ideas other than to sit around and bask by the pool seein's how the kitchen was clean. So, I in my wildest ideas on how to get out of the sittin by the pool thing (fat dudes start grease fires in this heat, I don't care how much water you got) I suggested we try to make pizza in the grill. Good thing I'm such a sweettalker, as I'd managed to break her last pizza stone a few years back on the same grill, and here I was asking her for another. She was even kindly enough to ferry me up the the Linen's N Things store, where we found and purchased 2 pizza stones - 1, a 13 inch the other, a 15.
    We stopped by the local purveyor store type market (basha's around here) and picked up the making's for pizza to include the dough. What's a dumb hick like me know about making pizza dough.
    Anywho...we fired up the old ceramic cooker and here's a sample of what came off...sure was tastey and not bad for a married couple drinking Italian wine and listening to Irish folk music at the same time (along wilst cooking pizza, of course).
    [​IMG]

With the Dago red...my 'pologize to the Italians among us...

[​IMG]

Here's the setup...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cement pond in the background...

[​IMG]

A few more shots of the finished product.
    [​IMG]

I hope all you Mother's out there had a great Mother's Day.
    My wife got 2 pizza stones :lol:

2. My daughter came over and brought some staeaks she had marinading in Paul Newmans Balsamic vingerette dressing some shrimp and a salad

She also brought my grandaughter was a very nice afternoon :D

3. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Dutchman, I'm not so sure your wife made out as good as you did on Mother's Day, but the pizza sure looked great.

So, was the wine a cabernet, pinot noir, rose or merlot?

4. AZThunder,
    The wine was an Italian wine - Placido 2005 Chianti - picked up at Cost Plus World Market (along with the pizza peel). This post was from the Mrs. Dutchman AZ.

Hey Knine! How was the steaK?

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  5. Chief

Chief Guest

Must of been a wild day north of Tucson. First the Dutchman utters an ethnic slur, please note that I have reported it to the PC Police, Hillery will be at your house in the morning, along with the Rev Jackson and Mr. Sharpton demanding a retraction and montery relief, Hillery will want a campaign contribution.

Then Az-Thunder asks if it was cabernet, pinot noir, rose or merlot? The Dutchman already said it was Dago Red (I'm allowed to say that) if it's Dago Red it ain't nut'n else except Dago Red.

Then Mrs Dutchmen responds to Az Slim in regards to Az-Thunder's question. Poor ole Slim ain't even in the conversation.....yet!

Whatever it was that you two been drinking - I want some.

P.S. My Grandpa made the best dago red I have ever drank.

6. Yep. 'twas pretty good vino. By the way, where did the term "dago" come from? I hadn't ever heard it until I had the misfortune of living in Ohio for about 9 months. My landlord at the time used the term frequently while telling stories about his run-ins with the mafia in Youngstown in his younger days. Never figured out if he was telling the truth or just stories.

BTW - just send the trio over...Farley needs something to chase and Zeke the target practice :lol:

7. Chief

Chief Guest

Youngstown, Ohio - WOW, I grew up running the streets of Youngstown used to be called Murder City USA. I got more damn stories about Youngstown than you can ever imagine, just can't tell them in a public forum.

8. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

I need to get out more often. Never heard of Dago Red. Hey, am I allowed to say that?

Hillary, Rev Jackson and Mr. Sharpton... you one funny guy, Chief.

And just what was in your wine glass tonight? Some of that Tennessee River Rotgut? :rolleyes: JK/LOL...!

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  9. My Daughter did a pretty good job on it :D

10. that sure looked good yummy :)