Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market ( for a year or so) for a new Muzzleloader. Not much talk here about them. I am down three choices - Knight, T/C and ( Don't laugh ) CVA. Just wanted to know if anyone uses them and can give feedback on what they have or use.
I am looking at .50 cal. inline.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a Knight Wolverine, .50 cal inline, excellent gun. It will shoot either sabots or powerbelts very well, pellet powder or loose works the same. I would highly recommend Knight but then again this is the only ML I have ever had.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I have a couple CVA sidelocks and have no complaints. Just need to figure out what powder charge they like best and go from there. Also, even tho the pre-weighed pellets are designed for inlines you may find out yours likes loose powder best, so try out both. I have read good things about a new substitute, American Clean Shot, and would recommend you give it a try.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a TC Renegade 50cal that my wife bought for me about 10 years ago. She bought it in hopes that I would have a better chance of drawing an elk tag, 16 points later I still don't have a tag. That rifle has never had a grain of powder in it. It is in just about the same position on the wall as the day it arrived. :cry:

·
Administrator
6,596 Posts
My brother just bought a TC .50 cal in stainless last week at SW. He's yet to shoot it, but it sho'nuff is a pretty gun.

Now, if I can just draw that muzzle-loader desert deer tag this year, I can borrow his and put the money I saved toward a new Hoyt Vectrix. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chief said:
I have a TC Renegade 50cal that my wife bought for me about 10 years ago. She bought it in hopes that I would have a better chance of drawing an elk tag, 16 points later I still don't have a tag. That rifle has never had a grain of powder in it. It is in just about the same position on the wall as the day it arrived. :cry:
Chief, You have a Rifle that you never shot? I don't believe that. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the input.
CVA's sure have alot of Models. My friend bought CVA Buck Horn for $120.00 as a Starter Muzzy he now has the Omega. I shot both, and I can tell the diffrents between the two. He told me not to waste my money on a Buck Horn. So it's between Knight and CVA.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TallPaul said:
Chief said:

Actually I have several, Sako FinnBear in 270 - Ruger #1 in 270Weatherby Magum (only 400 made) - Winchester Model 70 FW Classic in .243 - Baikal O/U in 12ga plus a few others.

·
Administrator
6,596 Posts
Chief said:
TallPaul said:
Chief said:
Actually I have several, Sako FinnBear in 270 - Ruger #1 in 270Weatherby Magum (only 400 made) - Winchester Model 70 FW Classic in .243 - Baikal O/U in 12ga plus a few others.
Ship me the Sako and Ruger. I'll shake the cobwebs out of them for you. I know you're a busy man Chief- it's the least I can do.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from UPS, keep an eye out for the big brown truck pulling into your driveway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts