Muzzleloaders

Discussion in 'Firearms, Shooting, Optics, & Outdoor Gear' started by TallPaul, Mar 21, 2007.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

I am in the market ( for a year or so) for a new Muzzleloader. Not much talk here about them. I am down three choices - Knight, T/C and ( Don't laugh ) CVA. Just wanted to know if anyone uses them and can give feedback on what they have or use.
    I am looking at .50 cal. inline.

2. I have a Knight Wolverine, .50 cal inline, excellent gun. It will shoot either sabots or powerbelts very well, pellet powder or loose works the same. I would highly recommend Knight but then again this is the only ML I have ever had.

3. I have a couple CVA sidelocks and have no complaints. Just need to figure out what powder charge they like best and go from there. Also, even tho the pre-weighed pellets are designed for inlines you may find out yours likes loose powder best, so try out both. I have read good things about a new substitute, American Clean Shot, and would recommend you give it a try.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

I have a TC Renegade 50cal that my wife bought for me about 10 years ago. She bought it in hopes that I would have a better chance of drawing an elk tag, 16 points later I still don't have a tag. That rifle has never had a grain of powder in it. It is in just about the same position on the wall as the day it arrived. :cry:

5. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

My brother just bought a TC .50 cal in stainless last week at SW. He's yet to shoot it, but it sho'nuff is a pretty gun.

Now, if I can just draw that muzzle-loader desert deer tag this year, I can borrow his and put the money I saved toward a new Hoyt Vectrix. :D

6. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Chief, You have a Rifle that you never shot? I don't believe that. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the input.
    CVA's sure have alot of Models. My friend bought CVA Buck Horn for $120.00 as a Starter Muzzy he now has the Omega. I shot both, and I can tell the diffrents between the two. He told me not to waste my money on a Buck Horn. So it's between Knight and CVA.

7. Chief

Chief Guest

8. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

9. Chief

Chief Guest

Just got back from UPS, keep an eye out for the big brown truck pulling into your driveway.