My Family

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by Desert Rat, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Super Mod Mod

Many of you know that my wife is disabled. That's one of the reasons I don't get out to hunt as much as I'd like to. I'm her primary caregiver, so am limited to day trips. 8 years ago, we discovered she had a "little beaver in the pond". She didn't even consider the risks to her - she was gonna have that baby! Well, she and our daughter have had a good but challenging life so far. I thought I'd write an article on their hurdles along the way.

The article is in the August issue of Raising Arizona Kids. That issue is either out now, or will be out any day. She got a call yesterday. Apparently RAK has a segment on Channel 12 every month. They are coming out to shoot a segment on Monday. That is scheduled to be on the 5:00 News, Channel 12, on August 4th. I'll keep you posted!

2. Good for her!, the baby and you :D

Life is full of challenges, those that meet them head on and don't shy away are the type of people we need more of. I think you and your family fall into that catagory.

3. Everything in life happens for a reason. What? I don't know but it always ultimately good! My thoughts and prayers with you and your family and I wish you the best with this opportunity.

4. I look forward to seeing your segment on TV and reading about it. Keep us updated. Our prayers are with you and your family.

5. I understand a little of what you have gone through rat, I have experienced a little myself. The best we can hope for is that all involved are happy. I look forward to watching the show.

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Super Mod Mod

7. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Touching story, wish I could have caught the televised one. You are blessed beyond comprehension.