Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I managed to snap a few pics with my new (used) camera, which I recently purchased from Outdoor Writer.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Looks good Rat. Next pics from you should be that archery buck you get.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting the feeling that I'm a better photographer than a hunter LOL

I never manage to kill anything to photograph, but there's always stuff in nature to make good photos...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Start practicing hunting them now with your camera. I tell folks in my HE classes that you can hunt all year round, it is only a few days a year you can actually kill game. The more time you spend practicing the better your efforts will be when it comes time to put meat in the freezer.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy cow, OW

What's that? Brightness?

I haven't messed with the software much. My computer wouldn't talk to my camera, I think because I am running Windows XP. I tried downloading a patch/upgrade but that didn't seem to help. I ended up buying a memory card reader....

·
Registered
30 Posts
M,

The post processing I did is a combination of several Photoshop functions that are likely available in the software I gave you, as well.

I first increased the overall color satuartion a bit, then adjusted the "levels" so the shadow areas were a bit darker than the middle tones and highlights. Last was some contrast beefing up.

RE: talking to the camera

I used it very successfully with XP. When you plug it into a USB XP should recognize it as a device under the list of drives. You then use Windows Explorer (file management) to locate, copy the pix to your HD and delete them from the card.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I loaded the Camedia you gave me, and tried downloading a new version as well. I plan to mess with it some more this weekend.... I only had a few minutes one night this week to play around with everything

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tony,

Would you mind doing some of editing and critiquing on this one? I would like to see what it would look like.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a tough one to do much with, Dave. It's somewhat out-of-focus and appears as if it had already been manipulated and perhaps cropped quite a bit. Anyway, here it is with some additional work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks Tony, there is a noticeable improvement in color and lighting. It seems sharper or more in focus also. Just a beginner getting started here. Hopefully I can learn all the tricks.
Outstanding pictures Tony!!! What a great goal for us beginners.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went back to the original picture before it was resized and cropped and tryed some of the things you suggested. Then I resized it so I could get it on here without cropping it. Maybe a little too much color saturation? Being in focus has to be the best tool in the box :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts