New here

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by joe0121, May 29, 2007.

1. joe0121

joe0121 Guest

Hi my name is Joseph and I am new to the forum and hunting in general. I am an Arizona native but Ive never been hunting. I own a remmingtin 700 (.300 win mag) which I just bought and will end up I hope being a completely custom 1/4 MOA gun (mcmillan stock, Timney trigger, Kreiger barrel etc.) And a Mini -14 which is nothing special.

For the record I am 22 years old (as of this memorial day) I am coming up on the end of 5 years as a US Marine and 9 months deployed to Iraq. I am an avid gear head and I like Auto racing, my dream car is a 2006 Daytona sunset orange Corvette Z06, and I'd love to race in NASCAR or American Le manse.

As I have said I have never been hunting but I love camping, and I'd like to take my future children camping and hunting and generally exploring the great outdoors.

:cool:

2. :welcome: joe well 1st off i would like to say find a hunter ed class in your town and take it they have tons of info in them and you get that perm BP
    :lol2: have fun with the hunts every sunday at 8 pm we have a live chat here we have a good o'l time RIGHT TP *whip* LMAO and Right garth ??? tttee hhee you will get to know these ppl we are all good friends here and have lots of fun. don't worry we don't bite that hard :hahaha: :nyah:

3. joe0121

joe0121 Guest

Thanks :) yeah I'd like to hunt Elk but know people to give the meat to so it doesnt go to waste, and maybe wild boar if we have that in Arizona.

4. wow free elk meat!!!! :lol2: pass some my way JK :hahaha:

5. Cochise

Cochise Guest

Welcome to the group. Maybe you could get in one of our get togethers we have every once in awhile. I would like to thank you for your service. Your amongst friends here. Everybody here sure would help you out. If there's anyway possible.

6. joe0121

joe0121 Guest

First I have to win the lotto for a license, then bag the Elk, then you can have your free meat :)

7. lol cool you will in time my friend your day will come when you bag that elk thats ok i havent shot one or a deer yet but i am going to try this fall for deer with my bow :D :p

8. joe0121

joe0121 Guest

A friend of mine and her father are going bow hunting this year, I might try that as well. I'd much rather use my shiny new 700 though

9. lmao what part of the state u in? bow huntin is fun i love my new bow its great now i need to kill something ttee hhee!!!!

10. Semper Fi jarhead. Are you here now or still in the sandbox? Need to let folks know what part of the state you are in. There are a few of us that have helped out newbies before.