New internet connection!

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by DutchmanAZ, Feb 6, 2007.

1. WHAHOOOOOOO!!!! :D :D :D

We just subscribed to Qwest DSL and compared to our old dial up - it's lightning fast!
    For those of you still on dial up you might want to consider it. The price is 26.99 per month - about
    10 more than what I was paying for netzero.

I can see pictures now without having to wait an eternity!

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Congrat's Dutchman, you're going to like it a lot. I have Wi-Fi and it's pretty darned fast, especially compared to dial-up.

What's sick is how slow the U.S. market average is compared to world-wide market averages. Click the link below to test your Internet Speed. You DO NOT have to enter your Zip or Email address to run the test. Just click the BEGIN TEST button.

http://www.speedmatters.org/speed-t...=em_aflcio&utm_source=aflcio&utm_medium=email

Post your download/upload test results and we can all do a comparison.

Mine was 1326 kbps/download and 129 kbps/upload. Not great, but above the national average.

3. Mine was download 1321kps and upload was 525 kps. Amazing how fast Japan was.

4. Chief

Chief Guest

download = 41kbps
    upload = 419kbps

5. Chief - did you get my PM last week?

6. Chief

Chief Guest

Do ya mean the one asking for the name and phone number of the gal in the avatar?

7. download - 1312 kbps
    upload - 756 kbps

...but I think I had a tailwind...

I've had Qwest for about 2 months now, it is unbelievable compared to dial-up.

8. 1595 download,
    500 upload, Cox highspeed cable. But my computer is an antique. HP 586 LOL..
    One of these days I will upgrade and get something a little newer.

9. Friz95

Friz95 Guest

It said my download was 6680
    and my upload was 558

I knew my download was quick but I didn't realize it was that much quicker than the average.

:D

10. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Friz, are you using Cox or Qwest DSL?

My son ran this same speed test and he's using Qwest DSL as his ISP. If I recall correctly, he said his download speed was 5800kbps, or there-abouts. Even at that, we can all see that we are far below the bar compared to places like Japan and Iceland, of all places.

I'm curious to see what the DutchmanAZ's speeds are? C'mon Dutch, post it up!