Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

We got some recent feedback on the site banner and want to change it up. However, we need some photos from the community. Anything that represents the land you hunt and fish on. What will remind folks who land here what it looks and feels like to be part of the outdoors in Arizona.

• You can submit your high res images here and our creative team will review to see what will work with the layout.
  • Note that the images must be your own work and non-copyrighted.
  • By submitting your photos you agree to have arizonahuntingforums.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.
  • We only need the images for the site header, they are not going to be sold or copied or distributed beyond this.
  • If your image gets picked we will add a life time premium membership to your account.
  • We will also be randomly drawing for THREE more lifetime premium memberships from those who enter images.
This thread will close April 1st. 2021.

Thanks!
-Philip

·
Super Moderator
2,805 Posts
I nominate one of @Ranger ’s deer pics from last fall lol

Reactions: Savageman2506

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
Hello all,

We got some recent feedback on the site banner and want to change it up. However, we need some photos from the community. Anything that represents the land you hunt and fish on. What will remind folks who land here what it looks and feels like to be part of the outdoors in Arizona.

• You can submit your high res images here and our creative team will review to see what will work with the layout.
  • Note that the images must be your own work and non-copyrighted.
  • By submitting your photos you agree to have arizonahuntingforums.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.
  • We only need the images for the site header, they are not going to be sold or copied or distributed beyond this.
  • If your image gets picked we will add a life time premium membership to your account.
  • We will also be randomly drawing for THREE more lifetime premium memberships from those who enter images.
Thanks!
-Philip
How long will you be accepting submissions?

Everyone keep in mind that the banner image is wide and not very tall, so submitted entries need to look good in that format. And I'm guessing the higher the resolution the better.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Tough to find pics that will fill that tiny banner but I think i found a few. Couldn't help adding the last one. If that doesn't represent AZ, I don't know what does haha.
Being from Flagstaff it actually doesn’t (overall) represent AZ to me. I no longer have the photo out my front door of the three and a half feet of snow I had to shovel to reach the street.

There are some really nice photos shown here. This one from @gavinspop has my vote so far.

Keep those photos coming!

Dave

Reactions: admin and rk

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
I downloaded the current banner image and it is 2880x690. I'm guessing submitted images will need to be a similar resolution (or better) and aspect ratio, or at least able to be cropped to that. In case that helps people decide which photos to submit...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
@RickyG has a definite contender! A really nice photo. I could use this for a screensaver, with @RickyG ’s permission of course.

There was the thread Pictures Only that had some great photos too (not the memes).

Dave

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
To use one of RickyG's photos as an example, cropping it to get it to roughly the same aspect ratio (height to width) so it would fit nicely into the banner area, I ended up with this:

I think this is still a very good image.

Haha, 2BZ2Ranch beat me to it!

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How long will you be accepting submissions?

Everyone keep in mind that the banner image is wide and not very tall, so submitted entries need to look good in that format. And I'm guessing the higher the resolution the better.
I will check with the mod team to sort out a closing date. The creative team may borrow from a few of you to make a nice composition. Landscape format is probably ideal but we wont say no to accepting any entries.
-Philip

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I downloaded the current banner image and it is 2880x690. I'm guessing submitted images will need to be a similar resolution (or better) and aspect ratio, or at least able to be cropped to that. In case that helps people decide which photos to submit...
They sometimes will blend a few together.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
In Order: Eagle Creek, Havasupai Creek, Roosevelt Lake - S of Lake, Upper Salt River Canyon x2, Unit 22 S, Upper Eagle Creek, Woods Canyon Lake

·
Administrator
6,458 Posts
I don't need a premium membership, but here are a few panoramas taken with my cell phone. For you guys that have DSLR's with good lenses, do those things have panorama mode? I would imagine they would take some pretty spectacular panoramas if they do.

Grand Canyon:

San Rafael Valley:

Big Horn Mountains, with the Eagletails in the distance:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts