New to AZ hunting

Discussion in 'Welcome & Orientation' started by DCam, Jan 9, 2018.

1. DCam

DCam

Hi all- we have lived in AZ for a year now, first in Arcadia area, now in Tempe. We moved from Colorado. I have hunted for many, many years. Have to say, learning AZ game laws and regs is about the craziest thing ever. I absolutely hate it when they refer to commission regulations and you cannot find said reg! We have recently started hunting since we are now residents. We have heard but not seen a few quail, seen a few squirrels but could not talk them down out of the top of the trees, seen a couple of rabbits but they were too fast-used to hunting rabbits in snow where they are half frozen and move slower! Planning on putting in for big game draws this coming year. Too much going on for javelina this year. I regularly hunt deer and antelope in WY, and elk in CO.

2. rk

rk I am NOT an Admin!

Welcome to AHT!

DCam likes this.
  3. Welcome. You're wasting your time as there are no Elk here ;)

Ramspeed likes this.
  4. DCam

DCam

I think I will die of old age here before ever drawing an elk tag!

5. I was wondering what those things are that stand in the middle of the road at night, Elk, I be dang.

DCam, Welcome to AHT !!!

6. DCam

DCam

Thanks everyone!

7. Welcome... you will def miss that Colorado hunting...

8. I do alot of Deer hunting around Yellow Jacket. Beautiful country.