New Toy

Discussion in 'Firearms, Shooting, Optics, & Outdoor Gear' started by Chief, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief Guest

[​IMG]

Exactly what my 4 year old grandson needed - AR-50 BMG topped with a 12-36x80 ATN with range finder. Thought we would use this on our next coyote hunt. :D

2. I've always wanted to see a coyote pop like a prarie dog..... :twisted:

3. kenton6

kenton6 Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Chief WOW, 50 cal. for Coyotes.. I only have a .270 and I thought that's a little to much. :roflpmp:

Great picture. And one lucky grandson.

5. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

LMAO Chief. If you did manage to shoot a yote with that .50 cal., you'd probably never recover it. :roll:

I found a web article (hysterically funny) about a guy that used a howitzer canon to hunt eastern white-tails with. There's even a pic of the deer.

I'll see if I can find the link and post it. Funniest damned article I've ever read.

6. Chief

Chief Guest

Interesting site and pictures also. Years ago I use to hunt at Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia. The fort is fairly large with a lot of different ranges on it - howitzer, tank, small arms, long guns, etc. it was aslo available for hunting and in fact was a rather excellent hunting and fishing area. Access was controlled and they only let so many people hunt in any area. Many times while hunting it we would find "pieces" of deer on the fring of the artillery/howitzer ranges. They turned out to be good places to sit and shoot fox and other scavengers.

7. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Chief, I hope you read the entire story? I'm serious, I laughed so hard my wife came in the room and asked if I was OK? I was literally on the floor from laughing so hard after reading that story.

8. I was qualifying on the range at Quantico when a doe & 2 fawns ran across the butts. Even tho there was a cease-fire called there were several guys that shot at the deer. I just laughed as about 40 rds went down range and not one hit the deer. Those guys all ended up with charge sheets for missing......poetic justice.

9. kenton6

kenton6 Guest

absolutely toooooooo funny