No Turkey for me this weekend

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by TallPaul, May 3, 2007.

1. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Due to work I can't go on my first Turkey Hunt this weekend. I know this stinks but I made comentents before and have to live up to some of them. Do I call out sick like everyone else.... No I don't do that. there are a lot of people that don't show up for work, take days off just for what ever reasons.. I keep telling my wife maybe I should be like these other people....
    just don't care.... But it's not in me. I heard that 10% of the people are doer's ..... I am I nuts?

2. AZ~ThunderDan

AZ~ThunderDan Site Administrator Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Wow, what a disappointment. I know it's hard to do, but try to look for the silver lining in those dark clouds. Your day will come TP, so hang in there.

3. TallPaul i take my hat off to you. good for you. theres always next weekend plus it gives them time to clam down what unit u in? i had my 2sd cow elk tag last oct did i take the time off to go NO we even called Hunt Of a Lifetime but they didnt need the tags got to hunt only 3 days people couldn't beleive that we didnt take the whole week off. but oh well did we fill the tags?? lets just say this i hate the taste of paper lmao but good for you!!!

4. there will still be plenty of turkeys, and there is a very good chance for you to tag out after opening weekend. ;) you drew a good unit. hope i can make it up there next weekend to see you fill your tag.
    Clint

5. Chief

Chief Guest

A man is judged by his word. If you gave your word to your boss that you would be there, then that is the only honorable thing to do.

6. Dave Price

Dave Price Moderator Staff Member Mod Premium Member

I'm sure that "stuff" happens for a reason! If you want a Camp...uh.. tender for next week let me know.

7. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Thanks for the good words.

Clint sorry if you feel I stole it. Didn't you know I am really a Anti-Hunter and put in for all draws so I can save the animals.:nyah:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And for all of you to know I am working tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2007
  8. Paul,

Didnt have any luck anyway. They werent gobbling at all this weekend. I put about 110 miles on the truck Friday night and Sat night, trying to roost something, without any luck. Sunday morning there were a few going , but I was not able to get them to respond to me at all. Will hopefully be headed back up this next weekend, I will keep you posted.

Shane

9. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Coues84,
    Many people up there?
    Any pictures?