Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to work I can't go on my first Turkey Hunt this weekend. I know this stinks but I made comentents before and have to live up to some of them. Do I call out sick like everyone else.... No I don't do that. there are a lot of people that don't show up for work, take days off just for what ever reasons.. I keep telling my wife maybe I should be like these other people....
just don't care.... But it's not in me. I heard that 10% of the people are doer's ..... I am I nuts?

·
Administrator
6,596 Posts
Wow, what a disappointment. I know it's hard to do, but try to look for the silver lining in those dark clouds. Your day will come TP, so hang in there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
TallPaul i take my hat off to you. good for you. theres always next weekend plus it gives them time to clam down what unit u in? i had my 2sd cow elk tag last oct did i take the time off to go NO we even called Hunt Of a Lifetime but they didnt need the tags got to hunt only 3 days people couldn't beleive that we didnt take the whole week off. but oh well did we fill the tags?? lets just say this i hate the taste of paper lmao but good for you!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
there will still be plenty of turkeys, and there is a very good chance for you to tag out after opening weekend. ;) you drew a good unit. hope i can make it up there next weekend to see you fill your tag.
Clint

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A man is judged by his word. If you gave your word to your boss that you would be there, then that is the only honorable thing to do.

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
I'm sure that "stuff" happens for a reason! If you want a Camp...uh.. tender for next week let me know.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the good words.

Clint sorry if you feel I stole it. Didn't you know I am really a Anti-Hunter and put in for all draws so I can save the animals.:nyah:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And for all of you to know I am working tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Paul,

Didnt have any luck anyway. They werent gobbling at all this weekend. I put about 110 miles on the truck Friday night and Sat night, trying to roost something, without any luck. Sunday morning there were a few going , but I was not able to get them to respond to me at all. Will hopefully be headed back up this next weekend, I will keep you posted.

Shane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts