Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish i could.........maybe I will go to Kaibab and deer hunt.......should be pretty empty since everyone I know got an elk tag.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Depending on what is going on then I may hit the Kaibab too. Got to cover some of the NW side while I was cooking for a buffalo camp and really liked what I saw. Prior to that I had only spent time on the east side. Since I got my pig and didn't get elk/goat tags I will have time.

·
Registered
588 Posts
dont know

we dont know if we'll put in for pigs this year, depends on where the tags are going to be if there down south again then no, we'll work on the deer up here on a ranch that we know really well and stick with that. Kaibab is a little to far to go for us would be nice cause i've never hunted that up there before. who knows.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
I'd hunt 'em, spring or fall, I'm just leery I'd harvest one and then have to deal with the smelly little bass... terd. :roll:

Nyah, I think I'll pass. Desert muleys are tons more fun to hunt, much tastier, and a lot less stinky.

G

·
Paul & Marshall, you guys need to put in for 35a. Come on down and I'll drag the trailer out and we'll spend a couple of days out chasing piggies. I'll even do the cooking.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Chief, if I go, will you gut/skin my pig? I'll do all the cooking.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I told you Dan the thing to do is make friends with the Mgr of the liqour dept then have them see if their distributor can get the booze you want. If they can then order a case at a time. A case will last me 10 months to a year depending on the number of trips I make and company that comes over in that time frame.

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Slim, I've tried that, but both the liquor managers here at Basha's and Safeway said they couldn't get any. I think they just blew it off?

I've also tried the only liquor store in town, to no avail.

One thing the Irish and Canadians have mastered, and that's whiskey brewing.

This is getting way off-topic, but I've been wanting to open a liquor store chain for years in the "gay-district" of San Francisco. I was thinking about getting some huge pink neon signs of a Rooster for the roof and some hard candy rooster-shaped suckers on a stick made up. T-shirts too. Care to guess the name of the store chain? :roll:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a fan of canadien whisky, so I'm gonna give this forty creek a try. The liquor store here can order it for me by the bottle or case. Their website is cool

G

·
Chief said:
Paul & Marshall, you guys need to put in for 35a. Come on down and I'll drag the trailer out and we'll spend a couple of days out chasing piggies. I'll even do the cooking.
So for me the last two years, Lucky to get Tags in one of the units with the most Tags. I have done some scouting and every body tells me " they are all over out there" . I found the signs, but never got an eyeball on them. ( you know I would have posted some blurry Photos ) :mrgreen:

So I may have to do the opposit this year. Put in for a unit I don't know. Sounds like I'll take you up on that Chief. Marshall You game? I'll Drive. LOL.

Cheif if you are doing the Cooking I am buying. And I can bring some of that - 40 Cheak or 40 Creek or what ever that stuff is you like. :wink:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Sounds like a party down south. I will lend an extra set of eyeballs if I have the time ( ya know I have those silly elk and antelope tags to take care of. :lol: :lol: :twisted: ). I know how much fun Chief is to camp/hunt with, cant wait to meet the rest of ya's folks. Cleaning the little buggers only takes a few minutes if your practiced at it. and the shooter put it in the sweet spot. LOL..

G

·
Dan - I'll have to pass on the Jameson, prefer beverages that are brewed in Kentucky or Tennessee with the Canadian and Irish stuff coming in 3rd and 4th. But you can still come down and enjoy the fun :D I still haven't found anything much better that Single Barrel and Gentleman Jack.

Javelina hunting is about getting out and enjoying the desert with good friends, good food and good drinks. Killing a javelina is secondary to all of the above.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Chief said:
Dan - I'll have to pass on the Jameson, prefer beverages that are brewed in Kentucky or Tennessee with the Canadian and Irish stuff coming in 3rd and 4th. But you can still come down and enjoy the fun :D I still haven't found anything much better that Single Barrel and Gentleman Jack.

Javelina hunting is about getting out and enjoying the desert with good friends, good food and good drinks. Killing a javelina is secondary to all of the above.
I second that. Thanks again for the great times Chief. Zeke and I really enjoyed it and hope to do it again. I would honestly prefer to do some more varmint calling (okay, I admit I've been converted to the dark side) as I believe Zeke would. Having a javy tag was a great excuse to get out again though.

BTW - did you ever find out what the deal was with your trailer?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts