Arizonahuntingforums.com banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
6,293 Posts
Ah, American Motors! I worked for American Motors southwest test center in Yuma for a year or so back around '77. CJ's, Cherokees, Wagoneers, Comanches, Pacers, Gremlins, and whatnot...even a 4-cylinder diesel CJ5 that wasn't intended for sale in the US. Good times.

What tires are on that CJ? They don't really look like Armstrong Tru-Tracs, but then that was a while back.

Reactions: Arizona Griz

·
Administrator
6,293 Posts
It came with Gates Commando tires but in the photo I think those were Armstrong Tru-tracks.
Those were the days, air down the Tru-Tracs and hit the dunes or the beach down at El Golfo!

Reactions: lynn1130

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK, there was a call for a new thread for posting on our old, sitting , rebuilding cars of yesteryear, So post away with pics so we can see what your building, did build or drove in years back. Im sorry, I was a kid when I had my 65 Malibu, The internet was a thing of the future, digital cameras were still not available, and what was a cell phone, so no pics, but its long gone now, But, I can clearly see the car in my mind, Gold, half moon hubcaps, with a dark gold racing strip down the side, duel exhaust, and flowmasters for a bit of noise..
I could still picture in my head the Malibu. Back in the day I had Thrush or Cherry Bombs.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts