Old town discovery 119

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Green Vinca, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Thank you,
    I think the boat be perfect for me and the dog unless I can find an Ascend H12.

Green.

2. Green, I thought I had a 12, Wrong, I got the H10, Just looked, a bit lighter then the H12 by enough that I can move it myself, a little less cap, but for me and my gear its perfect. Have used it multible times in the Gulf by Cholla Bay, waves and all, very stable, you sit deeper in water for that stability, But its a Great platform to fish from. I dont think Ill sell it to you, This is about perfect for any Yak experience. Room for a stringer full of Fish and gear.

SingleShot20G likes this.

3. The biggest factor for me was getting something light enough that I could hoist on top of my lifted jeep by myself and could still be counted on as a workhorse and gear hauler. If weight is not much of an issue, the Ascend would be a strong option. I also got mine at a pretty good price.

Green Vinca likes this.
  4. Green I've an Old Town Discovery 119. Mine is the older model. Sans the heavier seat, rigging thwart, foot braces, arm rests and rod holders. It weighs in at less than 30lbs. That's with the retrofitted seat. I removed the older wooden seat frame and 6" bolts and use a light weight folding canoe seat. It sits on a throwable cushion. The seat back is bungee'd to the rear thwart. The guy I bought it from had put together an aluminum motor mount. With the 30lb minnkota cranked this little tub will easily push 5-7mph. Paddling is easy, easy. With a beam of 32" stability is no issue. It's painted up in a home brew camo pattern that's done it's job so far. She floats in 3" of water. I duck hunt and fish out of it. Very maneuverable. I camp host a CA state park on the lower Colorado river during the winter. It's a simple matter of carrying this tiny tug to any of the hidden backwaters along the river. I'd doubt you'll regret using one. YTube is bloated with video covering the newer model.

Green Vinca likes this.
  5. Ralph, Thank you for the information.

Green.

6. Well, I got the ascend H10 and the discovery 119, took both fishing with my puppy, he likes the discovery better.

IMG-20200903-WA0001.jpg Resized_20200904_184027.jpeg IMG-20200903-WA0000.jpg
    Green.

7. Nice Landscaping Gai !!! Like all the Flowers.

Green Vinca likes this.
  8. Thank you,

Green.