Osage Orange Stave

Discussion in 'The Outpost & Mercantile' started by RickWild, May 10, 2020.

1. Ocotillo stave as bow material? I will research that. I have one in my yard I’ll take a look at. No wait. Mine has not near enough diameter to get a handle out of it. Limbs...yes. Don’t know if I’ve seen one big enough.

2. I reread my tool list. What is a dream knife? I meant DRAW knife and this tool is used the most. A band saw may be cheating but it can save you lots of time if the stave is straight and big in diameter. I will not use one again. My finished bow has saw blade marks in it that, had I removed, I’m afraid the draw weight would be less than I wanted. Lessons learned.

3. Dream Knife? Um, Yep we will let you slide this time RickW.

4. Thank you’re very much. We could probably come up with a dream knife if we wanted, one that always cut in the correct place and never needs sharpeo

az-jim likes this.
  5. rk

rk Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Hey Rick, there is an Edit option on your posts. Just sayin'... ;)

RickWild likes this.
  6. Picked up a couple of dried yucca stalks from a customer yesterday, Dried, now I need to customize it for my use and stain it, seal it. LOL.... Another project. And I got 2 in case I screw first up.

7. Yeah yeah yeah. Oh, how do I edit? I looked but not smart enough. To many beans in my belly

8. rk

rk Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

Sorry, nevermind...my mistake. I just assumed everyone could edit their own posts.

9. Apologies please????? Just joking. Some sites allow self edits but this one does not. No worries. Some mistakes definitely add humor to the posts

bearfoot1 and rk like this.