Pardon me TP, while I stir the pot...

Discussion in 'Community Campfire' started by DutchmanAZ, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Been a little quiet here. Anyone have any thoughts on this article?

Source: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=79763

Johnson sees U.S.-Mexico plot By Howard Fischer, Capitol Media Services November 29, 2006

A veteran Republican lawmaker is accusing President Bush of pushing a behind-the-scenes agenda that will result in the United States being merged with Mexico and Canada.
    Sen. Karen Johnson, R-Mesa, said she believes the Security and Prosperity Partnership, being run out of the White House and the U.S. Department of Commerce, is little more than a secret plan to end U.S. sovereignty by 2010. And she said Congress is being kept in the dark until the point that it becomes a done deal.

Johnson, who will head the Senate Education Committee this coming session, said the signs already are there, from an “inland port” in Kansas City and construction of a superhighway corridor through Texas to the lack of any real action in building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

“It’s all because it’s going to be open,” Johnson told Capitol Media Services. “It’s all going to be a ‘North American community,’ just like the European Union,” complete with the creation of a single currency just like the Euro.

“We will have no sovereignty, we will have no Constitution left,” said Johnson, first elected to the Legislature in 1996. And that, she said, will make moot all of the other arguments that tend to divide the nation like abortion and gay rights.

“We’re not going to be able to argue those rights any more because we are going to be ruled by unelected tribunals, bureaucrats that are unelected,” she said.

Johnson said she shared her concerns with some Republican members of the state’s congressional delegation during a recent trip to Washington.

What they think, however, is unclear. Calls to the offices of Jeff Flake and Rick Renzi, both of whom Johnson said she sat with, were not returned. An aide to Rep. John Shadegg said he “listened to Sen. Johnson’s concerns and we are gathering further information on the matter.”

Johnson said she wants congressional hearings on the process. And she said if federal lawmakers determine that Bush is undermining national sovereignty that would be an impeachable offense.

White House press aide Alex Conant said Johnson has no reason for concern.

“This cooperative effort aims to make the U.S., Canada and Mexico more open to fair trade and less open to terrorism and crime,” he said.

The partnership does include the leaders of the three countries. But Conant said there is nothing in the process or any agreements which would undermine or overturn U.S. laws.

“In no way does it change our courts or legislative processes,” he said. “And it respects the sovereignty of the U.S., Mexico and Canada.”

Johnson is not alone in her claims.

Phyllis Schlafly, president and founder of the conservative Eagle Forum, has written columns for her organization questioning the Bush administration’s lack of interest in stopping illegal immigration. She suggested the administration “is pursuing a globalist agenda by means of a series of press releases (without authority from Congress or the American people.)”

In 2000 Johnson introduced a resolution calling for abolition of the federal government and allowing individual states to reassume their sovereign rights if the president, Congress or any other federal agent were to declare martial law and suspend the Constitution. These states then would be free to form a new nation.

2. kenton6

kenton6 Guest

I have heard of this before and read stuff on it. If memory serves me, and I'll try to get some links etc., the organization of which I can't remember the name, was either started by Clinton or he brought it back to life. There are differing opinions as to what the ultimate goals of this group would be.

There are a lot of very prominent U.S. political leaders who are members of this group and they do include the Clintons and the Bushs.

3. I think I know what group you're speakin of, but it doesn't ring a bell.
    Not to get too far off in conspiracy land, but I've done a lot of work with mid to high level government
    employees from various government agencies. The term "new order" came up several times in various
    conversations dealing with voice intercepts (i.e. phone tapping, etc). I inquired exactly what they meant by this but couldn't really get a straight answer beyond expanding trade, etc. I called BS as this was not at all within the topic of our discussions, but left it alone.
    It does make one wonder though. Neither prominent party seems the slightest bit concerned with illegal immigration when it comes to action. Seems to me the 'Pubs are keeping businesses happy with cheap labor and the Dem's want an expanded political base and both are unwilling to act. Wonder what else they stand to gain? :runforhills:

4. Chief

Chief Guest

I wrote McCain about this over a month ago and am still waiting for a reply.

5. I've been kind of following this for quite awhile. Here's a link to World Net Daily. At the bottom of this article are numerous articles pertaining to the North American Union. We are in the process of losing our sovereignty and few people seem to be aware of it.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53173

You guys aren't thinking of the Council on Foreign Relations?

6. I hear snipits of this from time to time, but it's always vague and obscure with no definite details. It amazes me that a lot of questions about this has been ask of politicians both state and federal that nothing has been brought to the floor of either the House or the Senate. I too have written Rick Renzi and Jake Flake and received no response. I'm not willing to just wait until something like this is finalized, but not sure how to intersede. I can't get on national television to alert the multitude of Americans that seem to be ignorant of the political activity on this and many other issues. If any of you have listened to Sean Hannity's "Man on the street" interviews that points out the majority of the people interviewed have no clue to who the Vice President is or who Nance Pelosi is, but quickly identifies Britany Spears and Alec Baldwin and replies with "I don't follow politics". It seems to me that this kind intelect is exactly what those planning this are counting on. Anyone with a solution to this, please let me know how I can help.

7. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Pot Stirring.....

AZDutchman, Pot stirring is allowed. I am the Presedent for the Group. I have been watch you for some time now and think you could be a bonified member. So you are on the list.

As a member you would have to becarful.
    One of the rules are NOT trashing people outright. You seem to have that down pretty good.

I must warn you! Watch the Politicsssssssss..... I have seen it turn in to outright Bruhaha and just for your info. I believe We on this board talked about not discussing Politics too much. I thought we posted about it before, but you may want to ask that Desert Rat guy to make sure.

But hey, Pot Stir away buddy.

Don't forget

Pot Stirrers of America
    Dues are Heavy.
    Late nights a must.
    Members Meetings are the 5th Thursday of the month. ( You just missed it.)
    :roflpmp:

8. Re: Pot Stirring.....

Oops.. I wasn't aware of any restrictions. If I've violated the wemaster's rules, Administrator, please remove this topic. I in no way meant to do anything wrong, and just thought this was an interesting topic for discussion. Looks like I need to revisit the site rules.

Sure --- now I know when the meetings are! :lol:

BTW - I'm going after some quail tomorrow!!!

9. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Re: Pot Stirring.....

Like I said We may want Desert Rat in on this one. No harm , NO Foul . Politics about Wildlife, Hunting, Fishing, Things along that nature I can see. I am not making any RULES here or would NOT want ANYONE thinking I was violating anyones rights.... I am NOT yelling at anyone or any groups... and the ACLU may want to come here and throw my Butt off of here.......

Politics can go on and on.... and round and round...
    I don't want to hear all the things that I missed like Rights to bear arms .... If you like or don't like A POLITION I think they have Forums for that. .... Along with Hate Groups , Tree Hugger Groups, and any Groups I missed....

OH BOY, WHAT DID I GET INTO.......

PS. Where are you going for Quail Hunting :lol:

10. THE POT... Duh!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: