1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many, if any belong to this club?

G

·
I am not a member of a group. I did look into PVC, I bookmark thier website. I check it out every few month. I always say I may join, but I don't make the time. I think they are located in Phoenix, so I keep putting off. I think there is one in the east valley.

·
Registered
800 Posts
if you live in PX check them out. there are some good callers there. i keep meaning to join the apc, i have a few friends there and it seems like a great organization.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I will check out their meeting in July.

I kind of think I am screwing the pooch, with my calling. Ha, no pun intended.

I have been calling and bringing in Mulies??

Pretty sure I have the damn reed upside down or something.

Keep me up to speed. Thanks for all the replies.
By this time next year I will be able to dispense a little advice myself.

Keli

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is exactly what I mean Dave.

I would think that a small year,ing doe, would be afraid, and run in a different direction than where the "howl" is coming from!!!!!!

So obviously the point to that story is..............

I sure as hell don't sound like any coyotes from around here.

:confused:
Keli

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
join that club, there should be plenty of people to show you the ropes for AZ. if not shoot me a PM i will give you a few areas to start on your side of town.
I appreciate that CGm.
I believe what everyone is telling me, that it is near to impossible for veteran hunters to call them right now.

Then I am stupid enough (confident?) that I might be able to call some in.
Ha.

I am going to apply my efforts to these damn Mulies up around the perkinsville, Williams area.

If I stumble across any dogs, then I will pursue them with a little more fervor.

Keli

·
Registered
800 Posts
it isn't impossible or hard to call them this time of year. the only hard part is the heat. you only have to change it up a little. it sounds like you are doing great if you are calling in deer then you are doing something right. they are responding because they think you are a coyote and don't want you there. i am sure that you have called in a few and didn't even know it. try getting a little elevated while you are calling and pay good attention on the wind and being quite getting there and you should be fine. i don't hunt this time of year but i do a little filming, shoot me a PM if you want to try and get out and do some calling together.
take care.
Clint

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Without hearing the noise you are putting out I am willing to bet it sounds like a fawn bleat, that's why the deer are coming. It also works for dogs & cats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been a member of PVCI for about 5 months and have found them to be an awesome bunch of people. I have been out with a few of them and have learned a lot! As for APC I just joined them last Thursday and have met a couple of people that I look foward in hunting with.

I called for months without seeing anything but after joining PVCI I seem to have coyotes trying to run me over!!!

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
it isn't impossible or hard to call them this time of year.

I don't hunt this time of year but i do a little filming, shoot me a PM if you want to try and get out and do some calling together.
Clint, if that's the case, I'd hate to see how well you do when you are hunting.

I could swear you've posted pictures of at least 5 dogs that you've taken in the past... what... 1 week?

G

·
Yes Clint bagged about 5 Coyotes the pass week. Man.

The Quote you posted Dan was from May 2007. In the summer time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts