Arizona Hunting Forums banner

Pistol to Long Gun

327 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  khmer6
Anyone bought one of these PI-X conversions from Recover Tactical?

Machine gun Air gun Black Trigger Line
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Been going back and fourth between them, ZFI, and CAA on which one I want to try.
I believe these are part of the pistol brace ban, so do your research before you purchase one.
Reactions: 2
That's an SBR, pay 200 and pass go
Reactions: 1
Also all of them are very gimmicky and don't work flawlessly. A dedicated large format pistol is better and more economical. Mp5, scorpion. Stribog, ep9 etc
Reactions: 2
Also all of them are very gimmicky and don't work flawlessly. A dedicated large format pistol is better and more economical. Mp5, scorpion. Stribog, ep9 etc
That was my concern.
I couldn't see how you'd just snap in a pistol and have an accurate rifle - especially cold bore.
To be clear, these aren't "rifles" . You need a 16" barrel and OAL of 26" minimum to be a rifle.
Agree with others, look for a standard PDW. I tried one of the micro roni conversions, just did not like. Felt goofy, and I lost use of a pistol.
Reactions: 3
What is the intended use case?

The way I see it you have two options to get something worth having :

Wait and see what happens with the pistol brace shenanigans, and pick up a something like a CMMG dissent/banshee, MP5 clone, Scorpion, etc with a brace (or go the SBR route)
Or, buy a bullpup (Tavor, Aug, MDR, Hellion, etc.)

All those pistol chassis things are a gimmick. I have friends with them - they don't really "add" much other than complication. If I need something shorter than a "rifle" I just grab my Aug.

Recover Tactical cracks me up. The first product I see from them was their 1911 overlay/grip thing that made an already large and heavy pistol even larger and heavier. I remember thinking "Who buys this garbage?"
What is the intended use case?

The way I see it you have two options to get something worth having :

Wait and see what happens with the pistol brace shenanigans, and pick up a something like a CMMG dissent/banshee, MP5 clone, Scorpion, etc with a brace (or go the SBR route)
Or, buy a bullpup (Tavor, Aug, MDR, Hellion, etc.)

All those pistol chassis things are a gimmick. I have friends with them - they don't really "add" much other than complication. If I need something shorter than a "rifle" I just grab my Aug.

Recover Tactical cracks me up. The first product I see from them was their 1911 overlay/grip thing that made an already large and heavy pistol even larger and heavier. I remember thinking "Who buys this garbage?"
Did you look at their FAQ?
Looks like the questions were answered by a sarcastic teenager. All expect anything related to legality.......all those say "ask a lawyer, not us" LOL

But to answer your question - I am trying to solve a problem - where I'd like to have long guns (for accuracy).....without leaving long guns hidden/laying around......the barn, machine shop, in trucks, tractors......while still having a pistol on my hip.

My thought was I could stick my edc into a chassis and have a more accurate pew-pew.

Starting to sound like that won't work.
Did you look at their FAQ?
Looks like the questions were answered by a sarcastic teenager. All expect anything related to legality.......all those say "ask a lawyer, not us" LOL

But to answer your question - I am trying to solve a problem - where I'd like to have long guns (for accuracy).....without leaving long guns hidden/laying around......the barn, machine shop, in trucks, tractors......while still having a pistol on my hip.

My thought was I could stick my edc into a chassis and have a more accurate pew-pew.

Starting to sound like that won't work.
honestly I'd just keep a short, handy rifle around like a Ruger American Predator, or SBR a Stribog or Scorpion or something.
Yeah the pistol chassis won't work. I just keep an mp5 on every room and every corner :)
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
1 - 12 of 12 Posts