Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it my computer, or is AZOD down again? :crutch:

I've had intermittent problems getting on there lately. Seems they're down a lot these days. Good thing we have this awesome place to hang out.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing problems?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me too, I'm glad it's not just me. Lately I've been coming here first and then to to see if azod is up and running yet.

·
951 Posts
Same here...

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like our neighboring forum has been struck by yet another outage?

AHT continues to get better each and every day. I'm proud to be part of something that meets/exceeds the expectations of our members - while also offering unique forum features that the other forums don't.

I think the AHT forum rocks. ;)

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 6/27/07 - 3:00PM - Mozilla Firefox

Connect - AZOD Chat Forum - Index;php

Browser Message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you tired of receiving this "Critical Error"? :rolleyes:

:welcome: to Arizona Hunting Today!

·
951 Posts
:( yep ditto

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Arlette, any word on what's happened now? Man, they've sure been plagued with problems!

·
951 Posts
nope
have no clue as to why the issues

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another outage? Seems their "down" just as often as they're up?

Sure seems like a sad way to run a discussion board. Even as the top poster there, I'm about to hang it up - unless something changes soon.

All is not lost. At least there's a new magazine cover on their home-page! :nyah:

G

·
Sure seems like a sad way to run a discussion board. Even as the top poster there, I'm about to hang it up - unless something changes soon.

All is not lost. At least there's a new magazine cover on their home-page! :nyah:
:hahaha: Dan If you stay here I know you would be the top poster.

Whats on the new Cover? Female fishing?

·
951 Posts
Supposedly they have a new "IT" guy
there is some gliche between the server Glen is using and the phpbb board and they have to find it
hopefully the new It guy can finally get it resolved once and for all

As everyone including me is finding it EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
50/50? Yeah right, more like 5/95.

They've been down all weekend. Sheesh already!

Maybe they should consider switching to a vBulletin board? :nyah:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I haven't been able to get on since I got back from Montana on the 11th. Oh well, I have a couple other sites I hit more often nowadays anyway. I am not "hunter" enough to run with most of the folks that hit that board anyway.

·
951 Posts
I get the front page but still not the board

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bummer. Finally managed to get on AZOD last night and I happened to read the postings made by Glen Willis and TLH about the outages.

Just when they announced they'd hoped to have fixed the problems, now - they're down again.

I'm really not busting AZOD's chops here, but how hard could it be? There's a plethora of internet chat forums running daily, and they, apparently enough to me, aren't experiencing the problems AZOD seems to be having.

If AZOD has so much internet traffic, why don't they run a forum software that can handle the work load? I'd venture to guess that the US Hunting Today forums experiences the same or more traffic than AZOD does?

Blech... whuddo I know? I know I feel bad for AZOD - and I sincerely wish they'd get upright again.

In the meanwhile, we're experiencing more traffic over here! ;) And that's a good thing.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It shouldn't have anything to do with what they are using for the forums. It is more than likely the server.

I would be more than happy to host them on our server. Have them shoot me an email and I can help them out. Life shouldn't suck that bad. Plus AZOD should be our friends and so we should help them get their site up and running right with no headaches. :-D

·
Administrator
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You're right Steve, and IMO, their server has always has been their demise.

As of 9/20, it looks like they're up and running. I'm hopeful they've solved their problems.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts