Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you have had your breakfast so this does not spoil it for you.
Some critter left this in my back yard last night and unfortunately for some unknown reason my camera did not catch the act. I have no clue what this might be from. I thought bobcat but it lacks fur, bones and other predictor identification.

I guess one clue might be that several weeks ago there was another dropping near the remains of a rabbit. Same consistency and smell.

Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No corn. Too early in the season.

Reactions: azelkhntr

·
Administrator
6,548 Posts
I hope you have had your breakfast so this does not spoil it for you.
Yeah, that artificial turf really makes me queasy...lol.

Any chance the scat could be raccoon?

Reactions: azelkhntr

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That's a pretty rare kind of snake for that neck of the woods.
I have no idea. But my shepherd has stools like that when we don't give him probiotics. Stray dog?

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, that artificial turf really makes me queasy...lol.

Any chance the scat could be raccoon?
The back yard is enclosed but rabbits get in via the "vented" cinder block that is to allow water to get out. I have caught four raccoons on the front camera in the past but did not think they could get through the cinder block, or over the fence but then I suppose if some critter wants in they will find a way.

No doubt that a coyote can get over the fence and we have more than a few of them running around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The back yard is enclosed but rabbits get in via the "vented" cinder block that is to allow water to get out. I have caught four raccoons on the front camera in the past but did not think they could get through the cinder block, or over the fence but then I suppose if some critter wants in they will find a way.

No doubt that a coyote can get over the fence and we have more than a few of them running around the neighborhood.
Raccoons can fit through a 4-5" opening, so depending on the size of the cinder blocks and the chunkiness of your local raccoons, it's theoretically possible.

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might be then. I have seen their tracks on the hiking trail around the mountain across the street and have got photos of them so that could be a good candidate.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good evening to all-

Well, shi... Oh, yeah. that's what it is.

It looks sort of like what I leave behind when I almost step on a serpent of severe malignancy- even if it doesn't make a rattle noise. I would guess it to be some kind of critter that has been eating meat of some kind, but that doesn't help you much. I'd set up your cameras again and see if you can find out who is leaving you presents in the yard.

good night to all- Ed

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
That's a well fed raccoon.
FYI - I had about 30 raccoon in my yard EACH NIGHT at my last place.
They'd ravage the garden AND eat dog/cat food the people leave outside.
They could also get in my backyard by scaling the +/- 6' tiled wall on my infinity pool. Straight up mission impossible stuff.
I used to snipe 'em after they expended the effort to get to the top.

·
Registered
329 Posts
All kidding aside (and you will struggle to accept the truth) but this is not poop or scat or droppings from the anus of any animal...what you have here is far more disturbing. The winged creature that left this aborted offspring is none other than a Pelosi. Having shed it's human mimicking skin at night, this evil creature is rarely spotted when it ventures out in search of virgin blood, which it must do three times a week to maintain healthy levels of fluoroantimonic acid. Pregnancies are rare because few are willing to mate with a Pelosi and often the offspring expire before birth solely because they wish to. That said, it is believed that the decomposing fetal matter can (if regularly watered) develop over time into a California Governor...the most evil and disgusting lifeform known to man. My suggestion is that light it on fire and then bury it in the yard of someone you hate.

·
Registered
493 Posts
What ever left that was an omnivore. Both meat and vegies in there. Its just a guess but i'd go with Racoon. DR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts