Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Where do you all practice? I shoot recurve and recently started compound.
I've been practicing at Papago Park, but wondered if there were other choices on the south side. I've been thinking of getting a pass to the Archery Head Quarters but also wondered what the up/down sides are.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,095 Posts
I’ve shot at archery headquarters before buying a target. 10-30 yards. Nice set up. They had an interactive screen but I think they’re taking that out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work at Arizona Archery Club, and we have a 45 yard indoor range and 3d nights Wed.
Great! Good to know. We'll definitely check it out!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a Chandler City owned and managed range in Southern Chandler and it's free. Arizona Av and ?? maybe just South of Queen Creek.
I'm going to look it up! Thanks for the option! My guy and I both shoot, so that's great! Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to look it up! Thanks for the option! My guy and I both shoot, so that's great! Thank you!
Where is this exactly? I look up Chandler City Archery but nothing came up. Is it
Paseo Vista Archery?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work at Arizona Archery Club, and we have a 45 yard indoor range and 3d nights Wed.
I just looked up, Archery Club, but nothing came up. Would you give more specific information, please? The one that came up was on Deer Valley.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Reactions: Bee

·
Registered
432 Posts
To elaborate on what Maximus said User Park is very nice. minimal fee to go into the park and use the range.

they have a nice covered and lighted range with targets set at 10 yards out to 100+ yards. Great place to practice and sight in your pins. I love that it is lighted so you can go in the evening and stay out of the heat in the summer.
They also have several courses that meander through the desert. Both 3d targets and 2d.

from their website.
The following park offers an archery range - Usery Mountain Regional Park

The Archery Range is the only "Five Star" rated archery range in Arizona. Amenities include restrooms and a shaded shooting area. The range consists of nearly 100 targets on 6 separate courses including:

• 17 Field Practice Targets/ FITA Range
  • 10 Hunter Practice Targets
  • 14 Field Target Course
  • 14 Hunter Target Course
  • 28 Burlap Animal Target Course
  • 14 3-D Animal Target Course
The Archery Range hosts over 30 tournaments annually, for national, state, and local archery clubs. For a complete list of park and archery fees, please visit the Fees page.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Paseo Vista in Chandler is where I go, there are restrooms, there is shade over the tables and staging areas but no shade on the firing line. There are probably a dozen lanes from 10 yards to 80? I wouldn't know because i have never shot past 50. The targets are stacked carpet so bring your own tape or paper. Bonus is that the view is actually pretty nice because the range (actuall the entire park) is elevated because it used to be a landfill.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I shoot at Papago too, but I also live on McKellips, so it's right around the corner from me. Someone mentioned AHQ, I shoot there as well from time to time. They just redid the range. They've gotten rid of the dart shooter lane and used the space to add a couple more lanes to the regular line

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the input. Now that you'all have pointed out some of these ranges I can find them and have choices. I searched "archery ranges" and google shows what it wants, not always what I want to find. I wanted to practice for free, for now. Does anyone pay for indoor ranges? If so, which do you prefer?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi all!
Where do you all practice? I shoot recurve and recently started compound.
I've been practicing at Papago Park, but wondered if there were other choices on the south side. I've been thinking of getting a pass to the Archery Head Quarters but also wondered what the up/down sides are.

Any thoughts?
Paseo Vista - McQueen and Ocotillo - up to 100 yard archery targets, free to the public.
They have target bales at 10, 20, 30,40,50,60,70,80,90, and 100 yds.

I shoot the 80 yds one a couple times a month and usual focus on the 40 - 60 yd ranges.

I can shoot 20 yds at home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts