Arizona Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Went out for a little drive and hike today to try and learn about my local area some more. Marked a few high ridges that would be good for glassing from, and hiked around and found quite a few fresh tracks. Lots of javelina tracks that were very fresh, some slightly older deer tracks, and these.

Here kitty-kitty.... Since I didn't draw a deer tag, I was looking for some potential spots for bear, or lion.... Looks like I know a place to check out in another month.

If you look at the very top of the image it shows the three-lobed paw pad, which differentiates it from a coyote track. Also no claw marks, and the toes are larger and more spread out than a coyote track. This one isn't a huge cat, but it's solitary which is good enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,693 Posts
Accurate assessment. Good job!

Reactions: Savageman2506

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Accurate assessment. Good job!
Thanks. That's my first time coming across lion tracks on my own, so I'm glad I had my info right. I studied tracks from photographs and watched some videos from lion hunters. Figured I'd post it to help out others who may not be as familiar.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought you were going to say you found a Leatherman while out walking about, then I saw the track.
Haha, that'll be the day. Nope, that one's my grandpa's, I just used it for a size reference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts