Predator Hunting Western Arizona?

Discussion in 'Predators & Furbearers' started by Elalto, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Hi All,

I am about to buy my non-resident combination license for the year, I live in the San Diego County area of California. My main interest is predator hunting in the area between Congress and Kingman, west of the 93 to the big river.

I am looking for any and all comments, insight, tips, guidance as well as a potential hunting partner to hunt these areas.

Thanks to all,
    Marcos (elalto)

Wildman Wells likes this.
  2. Hi Marcos,
    I live in San Diego County too. Shoot me a P.M. Maybe we could meet up for a beer sometime.

Wildman Wells likes this.

3. I've given up deer hunting and taken on predator hunting as my primary hobby. We called in a triple on foxes this past weekend along with a bobcat.

The setup I run and recommend to others:
    - fox pro call
    - mojo critter decoy
    - outrigger outdoors red eye predator hunting light

That predator hunting light is unreal, foxes/bobcats/coyotes don't pay any attention to it when I mount it to a tree and its all remote control.

I hope this helps for y'all new to the game!!

terrierjeep likes this.
  4. I've been using the Primos AlphaDogg call. It comes preloaded with a huge selection of calls, from rodents to cougar and coyote. I supplement it with mouth calls as needed.

Last week I was out in Western Arizona and started in on the call. Within 10 min I had coyotes responding all around me and saw one coming in at about 600 yards like he was on a string.

mk19gunner likes this.
  5. Whats the remote range on alpha dogg

6. Bob, Is there still a lot of coyotes & Bobcats out around Kitchen Creak area
    (Highway 8)? I used to hunt there years ago.

7. I typically set it about 15-20 yds from my stand. I've set it farther away than that but can't tell you the range limits.

8. I don't bother hunting in Cali anymore. There very well could be some out there though. I heard there used to be a target shooting area out there, but it got shut down.