Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, I have hunted big game for a long time now and would like to try something different. I have never done any upland game hunting but would like to get into some quail hunting and eventually get a gun dog. I am from St. George UT. and was wondering if anyone here has ever hunted quail on the Arizona strip? Is it worth exploring and hunting there?
Also is anyone from St. George that hunts quail either in Arizona or Nevada near Mesquite?

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Welcome to AHT !! cant help on your question as I hunt mostly central AZ. Good Luck on your pursuit.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
welcome to the group--cannot help much either. Not been out much on quail, going to try to start this year. Bird Dog---with you there, that is a goal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy! I don't think to many hunters hunt this area. I have seen quail out there before. Just wanted to see if anyone has actually hunted that area and is there were a good number of quail.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Super Remote for most of AZ residents, if you make it out there post some pics I would like to see what that country looks like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good luck and would love to see some pics. You are in (or near) one of the few areas with chukar, you could chase them?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Good luck. As others have mentioned the strip is pretty remote for folks living in Tucson and Phoenix. I have heard of chukar up there but not quail. If you try it let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Everyone! Yeah I thought I would give it a shot. I am not sure how well I will do, expectantly hunting out here without a dog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts