Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang-

I'm planning a quail hunt in December in the Wikiup area and was wondering how the hunting/population is up there? I'm assuming hunting riverbeds will be productive but any other tips would be awesome!

Nic

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Welcome Nic. Just a heads up, admin will request you add a post to the intro sub forum as a new member. Will you be hunting with dog/s?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha, thanks for the heads up and the welcome!

Yes, will be hunting with a Brittany and my pointing lab

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for the heads up and the welcome!

Yes, will be hunting with a Brittany and my pointing lab
Cool. Look for green cover, pack tons of water, and make sure the dogs are conditioned for the environment. Everything bites or has thorns out here. Look at rain gauges and try to find areas that received more water and have better food sources!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Look for green cover, pack tons of water, and make sure the dogs are conditioned for the environment. Everything bites or has thorns out here. Look at rain gauges and try to find areas that received more water and have better food sources!
Awesome, thanks for the guidance! And snakes shouldn't be too bad that time of year right?

·
Super Moderator
13,971 Posts
Welcome to AHT !!! Dont forget Bio Please.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the guidance! And snakes shouldn't be too bad that time of year right?
Last couple years, the snakes have been out almost all year. You will need to be on the look out, but they will be slower in colder months. A warm front can wake them up pretty good in the Winter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts