Quail???

Discussion in 'Bird Dogs, Upland, Migratory & Waterfowl' started by Jaybee, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

Anybody headed out for quail??? It opens tommorow right?

2. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Jaybee, I am heading out tommorow. It is the Quail OPENER!
    I wasn't going out until Saturday, My boss came out today and cut our Overtime to 8 hours and said tommorow would be a good day to take off. :( Don't know if that is a good thing or not???? But I can go hunting. :D

3. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

I'm going to try to get out for a few hours tommorow as long as i can be back to work around noon. Little hesitant b/c last year was the first year I went out and I ran into a couple rattlesnakes. Hope I don't see any of those damn snakes for a long time.

4. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Jaybee, I live in Girbert also. What time you heading out?

5. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Jaybee check your PM. :roflpmp: :beer:

6. Jaybee

Jaybee Guest

Anybody make it out? How did you all do?

7. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Quail opener

I made it out late. I missed a few. :oops: I didn't take my 12ga. SO THAT"S WHY I MISSED. Took the 20ga. Yeah, that's why I missed. Diffrent gun. Yeah that's it. :lol: It was nice with the cloud cover until the sun broke out, then it heated up.

Rainbow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Quail

I am heading out tomorow. Going to Queen Valley. This is the best Honey Hole in the State, so don't tell anyone.

I'll be there at 6:00 AM. ready to go hunting . If you know where Hewit Station rd. is that's where I am going. If you want to meet up there. Come down Hewit Station RD and as soon as you cross the Rail Road Track turn right on that dirt road ( yes it is and looks like a wash) I'll be parked at the west end ( it's only about a 100 yrds ) It is all flat rock there. I used to drive my car there so it's not 4x4 roads.

9. Re: Quail

Well....How did you do?

10. TallPaul

TallPaul Guest

Re: Quail

Ummmm Ron, :oops: :oops: :oops: I missed all shots on Quail. :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I did bag two cottontails.
    I
    IT WAS THE 20ga. I TOOK OUT!