Arizona Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Southern Arizona Quail Forever and Arizona Game and Fish Department is hosting the second annual Quailfest Dec 8 1-4 PM. The festival will be at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds in Sonoita in Pioneer Hall. There will be several displays from multiple outdoor organizations. The admission is free. Southern Arizona German Shorthair Club will be selling hotdogs and burgers. Bring in your mearns quail and a biologist will collect the crop for a diet study being conducted. Well behaved dogs are permitted inside the building. SAQF will have QuailFest shirts available with a logo of all three AZ quail.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
1-4pm? Is this a distraction to give the Mearns a chance to make it to safety? :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I went last year and it was very informative. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year. @HighBirds most of the guys walked enough all day Friday and Saturday morning to take a break by then!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I bet the dogs appreciate the break too!

G

·
If'n my feet are up to it I'll be there. Maybe we should have a meeting place & time for all AHT members to gather.

G

·
Yep, what Big Tub says. Been in TMC for some med testing last two days and on the way home noticed the exit to Sonoita was closed.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
The exit is closed for Sonoita but if you get off at Colossal Cave exit you can cross over the bridge and take the frontage road all the way down--I believe.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exit at 279 and you will be good. Had a 3 hour window of decent weather this morning to get out and hunt. Mearns population seems about average - not a bumper crop but there are birds. Hope to see some of you tomorrow. Zack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts